X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS or Gearbox?

Hi guys,
    Have an issue with the VXR8 today, on starting it i have a cycle of 3 warnings, abs fault, brake and check engine, also the car will engage reverse but its way heavier than before and only reverse.

Also my speedo won't work

what do you reckon?

update:
    Just tried again and all is ok with the gearbox but the check engine light comes on still, turned her off then restarted her and the same 3 warnings are back and the gearbox is screwy again

Faulty wheel speed sensor could cause the ABS and Speedo fault maybe........
    2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

That was my first thought, but its odd that it seems simultaneous with the gearbox

Comment

Just removed then reattached the wheel speed sensor cables from the hubs, given them the old compressed air treatment and now all seems well with the gearbox and speedo. Still getting check engine light but from my experience if i restart her in an hour or so then that should clear.

Comment

Might need to clear the DTC otherwise.

Comment

Been out for a quick spin this evening and all seems well, trip to the dealer avoided

Comment

Seems to have reset itself then lets hope all is well mate
              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyShwa View Post
                Been out for a quick spin this evening and all seems well, trip to the dealer avoided
                That saved you at least 162 miles then eh

Glad your sorted mate

sigpic

Comment

indeed, I had this R8 in for repairs (10 days after collecting it I may add ) after an Audi driver found his mobile more interesting than the road on a busy rush hour M4. Car was in for a week being sorted and somehow that warrants 80 miles being racked up in "testing"

Incidentally the bill to the insurance company of said Audimuppet was approx £12k!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyShwa View Post
                    indeed, I had this R8 in for repairs (10 days after collecting it I may add ) after an Audi driver found his mobile more interesting than the road on a busy rush hour M4. Car was in for a week being sorted and somehow that warrants 80 miles being racked up in "testing"

Incidentally the bill to the insurance company of said Audimuppet was approx £12k!
                    80 miles in testing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF are these test pilots upto????
                    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Sorry my post was tongue in cheek, if you spend a little time here reading about other peoples experiences at main dealers you will see your not alone in having your car joy ridden...........mine is gonna be done exclusively at the Fish come hell or high water.....

sigpic

Comment

Dammit the problem certainly ain't fixed, problems all back again and fiddling with the wheel speed sensor plugs makes no difference. Gonna have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealers

Comment

I had similar problem and was fixed when dealer changed the wiring loom for abs/traction control, faulty cable.

Comment

Working...
                          X