This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator problem

I'm having a few problems with the indicators on my R8 that seems to be becoming more frequent. What happens is that the indicator flashes normally for 3 or 4 flashes and then flashes really rapidly. If I turn it off and try again the same thing happens. It's pretty intermittent but seems worse in the damp mornings and seems to occur more on the left turn than right. I do suffer from misted up rear lenses too so I don't know if it's related.
    Anyone else seen or had this or know what the issue might be ?
    It's really getting on my threepenny bits.

A common problem it seems, have a little search amoung similar threads on here, a warranty replacement control module is the fix IIRC.
    2009 Red Hot VXR8 LS3 Manual.......very "Smitten"

sigpic

"Power is nothing without control"

Comment

Faulty rear light cluster can cause this. Damp doesn't help.

Comment

One of mine has gone again... its already been in about 5x for this problem. So Im a little ****** off..

Comment

its the cold that does it, mines the same. Anything less than 15 deg outside & it does it, so nears as damm it all the time.

Vauxhall tech bulletin number is 09-TI-04

Comment

Dumping the HSV-only LED rear lights would solve it.

Comment

Im glad i got a garage as the only night my 8 was left outside the rears misted up but didnt have the indicator problem, hope you get it sorted mate.
              sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by R-kid View Post
                its the cold that does it, mines the same. Anything less than 15 deg outside & it does it, so nears as damm it all the time.

Vauxhall tech bulletin number is 09-TI-04
                Do you know what the course of action is in that bulletin ?
                I'd like to know before talking to the dealer about it and have them fanny around trying to find the fault.

Originally posted by ringram View Post
                One of mine has gone again... its already been in about 5x for this problem. So Im a little ****** off..
                What did they do when you got it seen to in the past ?

Comment

[QUOTE=t0ne;941139]Do you know what the course of action is in that bulletin [?QUOTE]

I'll double check when I get home but from memory it is to replace the control module on the side affected.

Comment

Full text from the tech bulletin, as I don't have access to a scanner.

Condition
                    One or both the turn signals flash at approximatley double normal flash rate. Condition is normally experienced under low temperature conditions, and flash rate may return to normal when ambient or in-vehicle temperatures increase.

Cause
                    Turn signal outage direction module specification may cause high flash rate under low temperature conditions

Correction - Vehicle Production
                    Specification of the module has been revised effective from vehicles built 7th July 2008

Correction - Vehicles in Service
                    Replace turn signal module, for the affected turn signal only with later part available from normal service parts outlet. Part number has not been revised. All service parts stock has been culled and only revised modules are available from service parts warehouse and distributors. Revised parts are indicated by a yellow sticker on the module housing.

Comment

Awesome thanks mate.

Comment

hi just taken my car for service to derby with the fast flashing right indicator and have been shown a 3 bank of leds in the right rear light out, apparantly not covered by warranty and new light cost £1100! surely it should be warranted and surely a electroncs man can replace individual leds? price has to be insane too
                        Phantom Black VXR8
                        57 Plate

Comment

Originally posted by copycatz View Post
                          hi just taken my car for service to derby with the fast flashing right indicator and have been shown a 3 bank of leds in the right rear light out, apparantly not covered by warranty and new light cost £1100! surely it should be warranted and surely a electroncs man can replace individual leds? price has to be insane too
                          Holy 5hit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £1100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
                          sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

I have a mate in NZ so will ask him for pricing on them.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw someone advertising LEDs for VXR8 on fleabay.

Dont know how easy to fit though.

Comment

Working...
                              X