This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on exhaust for my new car

Hi this is my first ever post and I haven't even taken delivery of my new car yet (black 6.0 VXR). I wanted to get a better performing and sounding exhaust system for the car and the only thing i have been offered is the cat back system from Miltek, I don't mind noise ... everything else I own is very loud but I do want something that is well made and gives good performance. I am happy to have new headers fitted so any suggestions would be great because this vehicle is totally new to me. ....thanks Mark

There are a number of tuners at present who can offer the full system. Where did you you get offered only the cat back from?
    They are:
    VXRPC
    Courtenays
    TMS
    Not sure if Regal are offering the system.

Comment

Re: help on exhaust for my new car

Originally posted by bigfella
      Hi this is my first ever post and I haven't even taken delivery of my new car yet (black 6.0 VXR). I wanted to get a better performing and sounding exhaust system for the car and the only thing i have been offered is the cat back system from Miltek, I don't mind noise ... everything else I own is very loud but I do want something that is well made and gives good performance. I am happy to have new headers fitted so any suggestions would be great because this vehicle is totally new to me. ....thanks Mark
      Hi, and welcome to the fold.
      The only people able to fettle the 6.0 VXR properly are WORTEC. They have all sorts of exhaust, header and tune options.
      www.wortec.co.uk
      www.hsv.org.uk
      In terms of noise, their current system has interchangeable boxes, so you can choose the volume etc to suit your mood. The Miltek system is just bolt on, and does not include a remap (which is needed to capitilise on the benefits of a free'r breathing system).
      Any more info, let me know.
      PS
      They only offer a full system with proper merge pipe etc .
      Increases throttle response and feel massively, power to around 440hp and torque 440lb ft.
      The current BRDC course car for the BTCC has the system fitted.
      They have also just released a headers and sport cat package, all i can say is WOW!! Staggering set up.
      We are in Kent, if you wanted to have a listen drive etc. we have a demo car with the system on.
      Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

i got offered the system from the vauxhall dealer in aldershot but since then I seem to have got the issue resolved after my dealer spoke to vauxhall motorsport and a full system was reccomended. It costs about 2 and 1/2 grand with fitting but I am assured this is the one to have and the dealership seems happy with it too.

Comment

Re: help on exhaust for my new car

If you wanna hear/see what a full Wortec stainless system sounds like, give me a shout, I see from your profile that you're in Surrey, which, although is big I am on the border.
          If you wanna meet, send me a PM and we can try to arrange something
          Rgds
          Bo55

Comment

deleted

Comment

i got offered the system from the vauxhall dealer in aldershot but since then I seem to have got the issue resolved after my dealer spoke to vauxhall motorsport and a full system was reccomended. It costs about 2 and 1/2 grand with fitting but I am assured this is the one to have and the dealership seems happy with it too.
              Drive in Aldershot were a bit hesitant when I mentioned adding the WORTEC Catback and remap, but assured them it was all above board. It has been back there once or twice for sillies and is always welcomed....they love the sound!!
              God help them when it has had the full treatment!!

Comment

The full Milltek does not need a remap to take advantage of the extra power that comes just from fitting the system (circa 30bhp increase) however I agree that the cars do benefit from remapping as well.
                Caspy, it might be nice for you to state that you are in fact a Wortec dealer so at least people here can see that?

Comment

Sorry John?
                  I put a link to an independant forum for the customer to guage feedback, and a link to WORTEC website for a complete listing and information.
                  I sell lots of tuners products, including WORTEC, Miltek, Janspeed, 888, VXR performance centre etc etc. Whichever offers the best value for money for the customer. Miltek doesnt IMHO and that of most of my customers, hence i was suggesting a direction for a specific one to go.
                  I am a Vauxhall Dealer and Monaro dealer. I look after the needs of my customers through a number of independent tuners.
                  Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Working...
                  X