This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monaro VXR

As well as my Astra I run a Monaro VXR which I bought in mid 2005. I purchased it before the Astra with a view to releasing its full potential, and then the Astra popped up and plans changed, I am currenty in talks with a local tuner about a Twin Turbo setup on the Monaro, which could see power figures around the 600 BHP mark. However I am half hearted about the car to be honest, thinking of getting rid of it if I get offered the right price.

I usd to have a revised fornt bumper on when I bought it (see background last pic) but have since placed the standard back on. The last pic at the bottom is my friends Monaro next to mine, he has since had it made into a VXR 500 with the Supercharger.

What an Awesome car mate, i just love the Monaros, especially with the Wortech exhaust on them
    sigpic
    My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

I think the pictures speak for themselves

Comment

It's a shame the pictures are of my car, copied off the previous owner's Pistonhead's ad, and the story is utterly made up

The bottom pic is two American GTOs, check aerial in wing, the GTO logo on the bumper mesh and the lack of UK tax discs on the windscreen

Comment

Zenner,

You are a sad individual. This is my old car, photographed outside my house.......

Get a grip on reality and never post again you Walter Mitty freak

Comment

Originally posted by dieselpower
            The bottom pic is two American GTOs, check aerial in wing, the GTO logo on the bumper mesh and the lack of UK tax discs on the windscreen
            the rego sticker looks like a New South Wales one so the red perhaps a 02 HSV GTO and the silver model to the right of it looks like a Coupe 4 front end with a GTO bonnet, mind you both are also rhd cars so not american models.

As for Mr Zenner, he is not a member of the site and was removed not long after posting the thread in Jan.

Comment

Hmmmm what goes around comes around. As Aussie said notice Zenner has been deleted. Sorry if he offended you. Admin.

Comment

Mind if i ask what happend?
                Did he post a pic of "demolition's" car and claim it as his own

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
                  Mind if i ask what happend?
                  Did he post a pic of "demolition's" car and claim it as his own
                  i think that is correct

Comment

Sad sad man

Hey you seen my car lately

Comment

I stand correct Mr Moderator

Apologies for going off on one but it not nice to see someone claiming your car as theirs

Comment

Yeah i can understand. Some sad and pathetic people out there....

Comment

Let's just say someone was having an identity crisis

Comment

Sorry to jump in here, but I found it more wierd than just letting it drop. Why exactly would you do this? Whats the mindset? Seems he put a wee bit of effort into the story as well. He's probably posting on the ferrari forum now...... rich ferrari drivers have forums right...?

Comment

Not much effort in the story if you ask me. He claims that he's talked to a local tuner about a twin turbo setup, which appears to be a monster of a job. There's only one person I've ever heard of having done that and his Ro has been off the road at Monkfish for yonks and it's still not ready.

I hope noone minds me posting. Here's the thread:
                              http://www.hsv.org.uk/topic.asp?t=409892&f=69&h=27

He then goes on to say that he's not that bothered and might get rid of it. Saying he was thinking about a supercharger would have been much more believable. If I was thinking aout getting rid of mine, I would not be talking to a tuner about a supercharger that at the very least would cost me 3.5k no intercooled, let alone a twin turbo setup.

Was a loser. Things is with the Monaro's, is that they are so rare, it's hard to just post a pic and pretend you own it, because somoeone will catch you out.

Comment

Working...
                              X