Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Change

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oil Change

    hi all letting the oil drain out the car just now, is it 6ltr's of oil to go back in?

  • #2
    Yea mate, fancy taking pics of how your doing it?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
      Yea mate, fancy taking pics of how your doing it?
      what pics u need? already removed the oil filter and replaced and refitted it, sump plug is out atm letting all old oil out just now

      Comment


      • #4
        I actually don't know how to change the oil, or what I need from the dealers first I need to learn what and how basically as I want to change oil every few thousand miles
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
          I actually don't know how to change the oil, or what I need from the dealers first I need to learn what and how basically as I want to change oil every few thousand miles
          seriously mate, its soo piss easy its unreal, just filter, 2 x 5l 5w-30w fully synthetic oil and a filter housing rubber ring washer all for £43 out vauxhall, i just said it was for a vec vxr and they gave me what i needed

          Comment


          • #6
            Hmm I may take a trip down tomorrow mate, then see if I can work out how to do the change
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RayWilliams View Post
              seriously mate, its soo piss easy its unreal, just filter, 2 x 5l 5w-30w fully synthetic oil and a filter housing rubber ring washer all for £43 out vauxhall, i just said it was for a vec vxr and they gave me what i needed
              I was told I needed 0 - 40w fully synthetic from my local dealer. They said they put Mobil 1 in all VXRs they service.
              They also quoted me just under £20 for the oil filter on its own.
              Did you pay £43 for the oil & the oil filter? As I paid the best part of £70 just for the oil.

              Comment


              • #8
                did mine last week ..got 6 litres of oil..5-30 fully synthetic..filter and o ring..42.00..easy peasy 2 do was scared of doin it myself at first but really was quite straight 4ward
                raised to rocksigpic300bhp 400lb

                Comment

                Working...
                X