This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Change

hi all letting the oil drain out the car just now, is it 6ltr's of oil to go back in?

Yea mate, fancy taking pics of how your doing it?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
      Yea mate, fancy taking pics of how your doing it?
      what pics u need? already removed the oil filter and replaced and refitted it, sump plug is out atm letting all old oil out just now

Comment

I actually don't know how to change the oil, or what I need from the dealers first I need to learn what and how basically as I want to change oil every few thousand miles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
          I actually don't know how to change the oil, or what I need from the dealers first I need to learn what and how basically as I want to change oil every few thousand miles
          seriously mate, its soo piss easy its unreal, just filter, 2 x 5l 5w-30w fully synthetic oil and a filter housing rubber ring washer all for £43 out vauxhall, i just said it was for a vec vxr and they gave me what i needed

Comment

Hmm I may take a trip down tomorrow mate, then see if I can work out how to do the change
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RayWilliams View Post
              seriously mate, its soo piss easy its unreal, just filter, 2 x 5l 5w-30w fully synthetic oil and a filter housing rubber ring washer all for £43 out vauxhall, i just said it was for a vec vxr and they gave me what i needed
              I was told I needed 0 - 40w fully synthetic from my local dealer. They said they put Mobil 1 in all VXRs they service.
              They also quoted me just under £20 for the oil filter on its own.
              Did you pay £43 for the oil & the oil filter? As I paid the best part of £70 just for the oil.

Comment

did mine last week ..got 6 litres of oil..5-30 fully synthetic..filter and o ring..42.00..easy peasy 2 do was scared of doin it myself at first but really was quite straight 4ward
                raised to rocksigpic300bhp 400lb

Comment

Working...
                X