This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust sound?

Would i notice a differance with removing the middle silencer. Dont want nothin to loud tho lol
    sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Hes a video of my old vectra vxr with the center box removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHhFF8eB74E
    Last edited by Cottee; 21 July 2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Did you get any gains mate?
      sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Comment

I sold it not longer after doing it mate and got the vxr8, Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Comment

no bother thanks tho buddy

Comment

Originally posted by m333ega View Post
            Would i notice a differance with removing the middle silencer. Dont want nothin to loud tho lol
            Here's a vid of mine with centre silencer and main cat removed(and it passed MOT with flying colours).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFsxB4c2G0I
            Last edited by Voxer; 22 July 2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Is the main cat the one next to the silencer bud? Just bwfore the flexi pipe? Could i just remove the silencer without map gettin tweaked

Comment

Yes, you van remove the centre silencer and cat without a tweak, as the cat in the Downpipe keeps the back pressure in the system it doesn't affect the mapping
                sigpic

Comment

Cheers buddy

Comment

Lads - sorry to bring back an older thread

Quite keen on doing something like this myself to improve on the "noise" aspect and aid the breathing of the exhaust a bit.

here comes the daft question though - If you remove the center silencer and the main cat - I assume you need some pipe work welded into place to replace these items ?? Does anyone have any costs on this or recommend anywhere that might do this work for me ??

Cheers,

Mav

Comment

Originally posted by Mav281 View Post
                      Lads - sorry to bring back an older thread

Quite keen on doing something like this myself to improve on the "noise" aspect and aid the breathing of the exhaust a bit.

here comes the daft question though - If you remove the center silencer and the main cat - I assume you need some pipe work welded into place to replace these items ?? Does anyone have any costs on this or recommend anywhere that might do this work for me ??

Cheers,

Mav
                      Any Custom exhaust workshop will do this for you m8 and it should cost around £80-£100.

Comment

Something which may be of interest is the affects of fitting the new Courtenay de-catted precat pipe, in that the new sound and the removal of that horrible resonance at approx 2k.

The car becomes allot quiter on general running, but when you open it up, the sound track is so addictive you would be going through second and third all day long, just listen to it. :-)

Comment

Heres my old one up on the ramps

the parts that have been removed are the centre silencer and centre cat, that can be found just beyond the bend in the pipe, further back towards the engine bay (where there is a single straight pipe)

Just get an exhaust company to fabricate you a new section to replace this part, or get a decat pipe from courtenays as mentioned above

Mine passed MOT emissions test with the centre cat removal no problems.
                          Last edited by MrLOL; 6 August 2010, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Perfect thanks for that LOL. So, we are talking about the bits I have expertly highlighted in black below ??

Last edited by Mav281; 6 August 2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Get the miltek n get the job done proper. Warranty, shiny new, and sounds mint!!

Comment

Working...
                              X