This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg decat front pipe?

Thinking of getting one of these from MPG, would they be a problem with the sensors bringing on the EML? and would the map need tweaking?
    sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Hmm do you want my honest opinion Neil?
    sigpic

Comment

yes please bud.
      sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Comment

Right, this may seem very vague, but that's to save any sensitive info being spilled by accident lol,

Right, in basic terms I think there a waste of money, you get absolutely no gains power wise from this mod,
        Yes you get a nice sound, and on full chat its awesome,

It will smooth out the power from say 2k revs upwards, but not really worth the money, unless........

Unless your chasing big power, it will be beneficial, in the long run, with some choice mods that I can't divulge, but this is still a few months away from hitting the shelves,

If your chasing big power I'd hold off a couple months if not, don't waste the cash on this, just buy a cooler and water rad that's my advice mate

As for your exhaust system question , there are no gains taking out the centre section, just a nice noise
        Last edited by vxr-bandit; 21 July 2010, 11:35 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

with the intercooler mate would you need a better exhaurst or could you keep the standard one?( from thorney).

Comment

its ok matey found a reply off ya telling me what i need. sorry mate

Comment

The standard exhaust was used on the sledgehammer project and that seen 370 bhp at 1 point so it will be fine, just be careful as they may insist you buy a milly, before they give you the map,
              sigpic

Comment

or right, crafty buggers lol. might give them a call and see what they say. might not get very far tho

Comment

mpg decat

hi have had a custome exhaust on and no center box and a decat pipe made for it.have got thourney stage 2 map.my question is have i done the write thing.i.e sound,s good.
                  But not shore if it gives more power thow and seems to ues more full.should i put cat back on???????
                  Any advice would be good. Cheers in advance
                  sigpicCUSTOME EXHAUST,TOUCH SCREEN,SATNAV,REVERSE CAM DVD,TV,BLUETOOTH
                  ITG,SMD,STAGE 2 MAP,CUSTOME GRILL,TINT,S,H and R Springs,GEO,DE BADGE,PRO RACE 1.2 ALLOYS,VXR PEDALS.BOOST GAUGE,BLUE FOOT WELL LIGHTS. BONNET RAISE,BONNET VENTS,OMP Seats ,Caged,Weight Reduction,Hydro Dip,Inlarged Intake,Mod Air Box,Up Rated Disc,s and Pads.

Comment

The decat front pipe did cause an emissions light on mine after about 70 miles but after a couple of tweaks to the map its gone now for the last 1000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanVXR View Post
                      The decat front pipe did cause an emissions light on mine after about 70 miles but after a couple of tweaks to the map its gone now for the last 1000 miles.
                      mine to have you been to the car test(mod) with this set up..?

Comment

Lambda 2 has to be removed from the map. It may not pop the eml light as its only a check of the first wide band lambda (Pre Pre-cat), but best to write it out of the program.

Comment

Working...
                        X