This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vectra vxr tune up

having read your post's to tuning up the vectra, how is th fuel consumption vary to standard bhp. i have a 280bhp vetcra which likes a drink when driven fast. some advice would be greatly appreciated. p.s. i'm new to this site and have only had my vxr for two months now. thanks

Originally posted by robgatt View Post
    having read your post's to tuning up the vectra, how is th fuel consumption vary to standard bhp. i have a 280bhp vetcra which likes a drink when driven fast. some advice would be greatly appreciated. p.s. i'm new to this site and have only had my vxr for two months now. thanks
    welcome along im no vec owner but im sure re map vecs are averaging arund 10-20% better fuel econamy than standard
    Last edited by kirky2k4; 22 July 2010, 04:43 PM.
    VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

I have Bluefin on my Vectra VXR and tend to see roughly around 300 miles to tank of petrol. That's a combination of driving on A and B roads and motorway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mav281 View Post
        I have Bluefin on my Vectra VXR and tend to see roughly around 300 miles to tank of petrol. That's a combination of driving on A and B roads and motorway.
        how much does a full tank cost in the vec?

just curious as my meriva from red light cumming on holds just over £60 and i get around 250-280miles..

Comment

I think the more important thing to consider is this...

Once you get the Vectra VXR engine remapped, it must have Super Unleaded fuel.. which costs a lot more than normal Unleaded.

It needs the higher grade fuel to prevent engine detonation at high speeds / heat.

So this will obviously cost more to run, albeit you should get slightly better fuel economy per gallon compared to standard.

Also, once you have near 400 Lb/ft torque your clutch and tyres will be under more load, reducing their lifespan (depending how hard you use the car). This also has costs associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
            how much does a full tank cost in the vec?

just curious as my meriva from red light cumming on holds just over £60 and i get around 250-280miles..
            Filled mine up this morning with 312 miles on the clock and got exactly £60 worth of momentum 99 in it. Worth noting my petrol light handn't yet come on at all.

Comment

sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Comment

Welcome buddy, iv got a 280hp vectra and is also mapped. Put 99 tesco petrol in. Never really worried abour how much i put in. I just put it in and enjoy it mate.
                sigpicVxr8 6.0 ls2, walkinshaw super car exhaust, AAS xpipe, AAS headers and cats, walkinshaw wild cam, FAST 102 intake, LS7 clutch, walkinshaw OTRAI, 20" hsv wheels, walkinshaw remap, pedders springs, hsv door sills, hsv badged, tinted windows, vector side vents, LED wing mirrors, engine bay done in carbon, HID xenon lights.

Comment

Just get it mapped and enjoy it mate, you won't notice the economy
                  sigpic

Comment

I use Super Loopy Juice anyway in a stock 280.

It seems to get about 300 miles on average. 330m is good (longer runs).

Record was 355m: crawled onto the forecourt running on fumes

Comment

I get about 265 -300 miles per tank all country roads same as before the remap. as for tyre wear I reckon its better now the map is on as the power delivery is much smoother and useable as opposed to the original on off effect the sport button had on the accelerator

Comment

I'm not saying what I get as I drive like Miss Daisy and am standard but welcome to the site.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                          I'm not saying what I get as I drive like Miss Daisy and am standard but welcome to the site.
                          recall u saying on the silverstone run u got great figures...

Comment

thanks to all replied. advice is a help. the only bugger is from where i come from fuel prices are 12p a litre dearer than mainland prices. what a great site. hope to make it to show sometime. regards rob

Comment

400 miles to a tank, beat that, as that's what I got 3 times going down south
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X