This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curbed Alloy..........

I have managed to curb a rear alloy - quite bad but only surface damage mostly.

Halfords sell a repair kit for £30 - I'm not spending that much. I would rather touch-up now and look at refurb later. Anyone bought something off ebay and been pleased with the colour match?

Or what is the code to get some touch-up please?

I am ******* fuming with myself.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg
    Last edited by thehulkster699; 24 July 2010, 07:39 PM.
    Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Leave it intil you can get it refurbed mate, otherwise it may end up a mess. wouldnt use anything from halfords either as the colour will probably be way off.

Comment

No - I want to touch-it-up first. It's not that deep that a bit of paint will make it worse. I just hope that someone on here has at some point bought of an ebay seller and found a good match?

Comment

Just nudging this post again - can anyone help with this?

Comment

Not used one myself mate, always get refurbed unfortunatly

I think it would work however for light curbing
          sigpic

Comment

No idea where your based but I recently used Alloy Art near Southend and was very happy with them. They did some welding on my cracked front alloy and provided me with a hire car for 5 or 6 hours for £79 total. They do refurbs on 19" alloys (in anthracite ones) for a £50 a wheel.

Comment

Its called star silver for the standard VXR paint code used on the original alloys, thats if yours have not been refurbed before
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                Its called star silver for the standard VXR paint code used on the original alloys, thats if yours have not been refurbed before
                Hi mate - isn't Star Silver the colour for a car - not the alloy? Also, there seems to be Star Silver 1, 2 and 3......
                Last edited by thehulkster699; 28 July 2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

bump

Comment

any luck?

Comment

I know this thread is ages old...

But, when I curb a wheel (very rare) I touch it up with Silver Hammerite Smooth Paint...

I finished painting my front metal fence and the top 'spikes' were silver, it seemed a close match so I tried it... lol

Quite good actually and very cheap. Still use it now to touch up stone chips on the alloys

Comment

Working...
                      X