This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brake Caliper

Mornin' all !! Went to chance the rear pads at the weekend & soon noticed I was getting no where (I'm guessing it needs winding looking at the two holes on it...) Do you need to use a caliper winding tool? If so does any body know which tool it is & where to get it from? (I'm assuming ebay..) I did the amature thing of phoning Halfords & all they could tell me was Vauxhall didn't show on their winding tools...

Cheers for any help !

use a pair of narrow nosed pliers and use firm but careful pressure while turning the piston

Comment

Yes , dead right you do need to wind back in. You can use pliars, but it is easier and faster with the winding, but equally affective using pliars as long as they dont slip . Takes all of 10 mins at most to change the pads once the wheel is off.

Comment

Originally posted by T28 VXR View Post
        Yes , dead right you do need to wind back in. You can use pliars, but it is easier and faster with the winding, but equally affective using pliars as long as they dont slip . Takes all of 10 mins at most to change the pads once the wheel is off.
        Cheers guys!! Quick other question, will it move clockwise or anti clockwise to turn? I guess I'll find out soon enough !

Comment

Memeory serves me right, both are clockwise, as if you are scrwing something in.

Comment

yeh - clockwise is correct

Comment

Legends !! Cheers guys :-)

Comment

Working...
              X