This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight worry.

After reading pemmett's thread about tyre wall bulge & getting tyre replaced (missing key)- I am abit worried. I have the same problem with my front passenger tyre and have a 1,000 mile trip coming up next weekend (06/0.

Never really thought this was a issue untill reading other threads on the web - should I get this replaced?

Should I get both the front tyres replaced then as I wont be going for the same brand of tyres that are already on the car!.

Thanks in advance.

Yes get it replaced, the tyre has a weakness, provided the tyres are the same size etc then you can mix them, looks nicer if you put a pair on and the characteristics will be the same, but if you take the time to look at tyres on vehicles you will see they are mixed all the time, doesnt help when a brand changes designs.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

My original conti 2 developed a sidewall bulge after only about 2000 miles from new and didn't hesitate in getting it changed, wouldn't consider risking a sidewall going on the motorway especially with kids in the car.
      Still got my spare in the garage if you need it mate.
      regards Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bjr5120 View Post
        My original conti 2 developed a sidewall bulge after only about 2000 miles from new and didn't hesitate in getting it changed, wouldn't consider risking a sidewall going on the motorway especially with kids in the car.
        Still got my spare in the garage if you need it mate.
        regards Brian

Going to get it replaced, also seems I have a slow punture on the drivers side tyre. Get that checked out and if required get 2 new front tyres!

Comment

Originally posted by hayre007 View Post
          Going to get it replaced, also seems I have a slow punture on the drivers side tyre. Get that checked out and if required get 2 new front tyres!
          Make suire that isn't a cracked alloy wheel. I thought I had a slow puncture, so went to have the tyre replaced only to find this,

Comment

Originally posted by Mav281 View Post
            Make suire that isn't a cracked alloy wheel. I thought I had a slow puncture, so went to have the tyre replaced only to find this,
            Thankfully only a puncture guy fixed it for £6.50 bargin, compared to new tyre and alloy!.

Comment

Working...
            X