This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear 12v Aux Socket

There's a 12v socket in the rear of my Vectra Estate and I plug the kids' DVD Player into it when we're on long journeys.
    Does anyone know if it's easy for me to rewire it to a permanent 12v supply so they don't start pecking my head when I stop for fuel and their film goes off?

I know I run the risk of leaving it on and flattening the battery, but it's worth the risk because they're doing my head in.

sigpic

I've got a roof mounted job in mine that I rewired to a permanent live for just that reason. Mine is on standby all the time now and never any bother with flat batteries to date...
    Kentec inside

Comment

Thanks mate. Were you the one that did the full report and put pics on here? Looked like a good job and I was tempted myself if I could find the kit without paying Vauxhall prices. Noticed a few generic ones on ebay but not sure of the quality, etc..

Don't suppose you've got wiring diagrams so I know which one is permanent live and if it goes back to somewhere near the socket I'm using?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigC-VXR View Post
        Thanks mate. Were you the one that did the full report and put pics on here? Looked like a good job and I was tempted myself if I could find the kit without paying Vauxhall prices. Noticed a few generic ones on ebay but not sure of the quality, etc..

Don't suppose you've got wiring diagrams so I know which one is permanent live and if it goes back to somewhere near the socket I'm using?
        Yeah that's the one. I just used the cars handbook and looked at the list of fuses for the back fuse box. I think it's piggybacked into the rear windows or summat...
        Kentec inside

Comment

Working...
        X