Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • remap

    Ive been doing some reading... and well its left me a bit confused..


    i drive the 255ps vec vxr and i had it rolling roaded and she made 244 and 284lbft torqe the other day but unsure how accurate the rollers were.

    my question is if i have the car remaped then will i get 280-Ish bhp or will i get the 300 and 400lbft torqe that i want?

    im having the car decatted and will be fitting new plugs and air filter next week... just wondering what il get as i dont wanna spend 400 bob just to get 280bhp?

    any help would be awsome.

    Dave

  • #2
    You will get the full 300/400 ish mate
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Vxr Dave View Post
      Ive been doing some reading... and well its left me a bit confused..


      i drive the 255ps vec vxr and i had it rolling roaded and she made 244 and 284lbft torqe the other day but unsure how accurate the rollers were.

      my question is if i have the car remaped then will i get 280-Ish bhp or will i get the 300 and 400lbft torqe that i want?

      im having the car decatted and will be fitting new plugs and air filter next week... just wondering what il get as i dont wanna spend 400 bob just to get 280bhp?

      any help would be awsome.

      Dave
      You should see around 300/400 but tbh even if you did get 280 it's more worth it than you realise m8, if you consider a n/a car would only gain around 15bhp with a remap and most Turbo cars gain around 25-30bhp, then jumping 35 like you would(if you were getting 280) is huge and very noticeable, that coupled with the torque gain of over 100lbsft is immense.

      So in the long run if it does turn out that you get 280 from a remap(slim chance though but can happen) then for £400 it is veryt much worth it.
      The Astra guys are paying £400 just to get 20-30bhp.

      Comment


      • #4
        I know 280 would be good but I'd love 300 , I guess I'd feel like my car isn't adequate if I didn't get to what it should be

        Comment


        • #5
          You will get it mate, the remap is a 300bhp remap mate, this is what you will get, roughly
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vxr Dave View Post
            I know 280 would be good but I'd love 300 , I guess I'd feel like my car isn't adequate if I didn't get to what it should be
            Lol the old "mines isn't as big as the other mans"

            Don't worry m8, the Vecs are usually bigger than the other mans anyway, so you'll be fine and will get to your 300bhp(or more) just get it done.

            And then we'll welcome you to the Big Torque club.

            Comment


            • #7
              would getting a bluefin get the same sort of power results as say a map from courtnay?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Vxr Dave View Post
                would getting a bluefin get the same sort of power results as say a map from courtnay?
                The bluefin is just a means of dilvery m8, the map installed on it is exactly the same as the one you would get if you went down to TMS with the car.

                Comment

                Working...
                X