This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remap?

Nothing came with my car to say it has had a remap, is there anyway I can tell if it has been done...... it seems about as fast as my old 300bh scooby but then it was an old car.

Originally posted by Badgers View Post
    Nothing came with my car to say it has had a remap, is there anyway I can tell if it has been done...... it seems about as fast as my old 300bh scooby but then it was an old car.
    I don't know about the other tuners but if it was TMS then you would have an identification sticker under your bonnet down at the front right telling you remap number. and it has TMS(Thorney's) logo.

One other thing to consider, a 300bhp scoob will have oodles of Transmission loss being AWD so your probably looking at around 240-250bhp ATW whereas the Vectra will start at 280 and will be around 240-250 atw as FWD has lots less Transmission loss, add this to the vecs bigger engine and it won't be trying as hard once over say 120.

I'm running near 330bhp and my m8's Scoob is running 350bhp and on the straights I pull away due to his power loss through the TS.

Comment

Rolling road? Anything over 280 is mapped, assuming it's a 206kw model

Comment

If it has been mapped by courtenays they will have stuck a courtenay sticker on the fuel flap to say 97-99 octane only

if it has been mapped by thorney motorsport there will be a sticker in the engine bay with their logo on it.

If it has neither of those it could be mapped by somebody like Midpoint Garage, or Possibly from the old VXR Performance Centre or even Regal.

Equally it could not be mapped at all and just feel as fast due to transmission losses on a scooby. Only way to tell is to put it on the dyno

Comment

If you have to grip the steering wheel with all your might down a country lane on full throttle... its remapped.

If it tries to throw you though a hedge sideways on full throttle... its remapped.

If your girlfriends eyes bulge and she grabs the door handles or roof handles when you apply full throttle.... its remapped.

If you cannot drive it in the wet with sports mode on... its remapped.

If 4th, 5th and 6th gear pulls like 3rd gear.... its remapped.

If BMW, Audi and non-turbo Porsche drivers hate you.... its remapped.

If you look down and your doing 170mph.... its remapped.

That just about covers it
          Last edited by spoons; 10 August 2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
            If you have to grip the steering wheel with all your might down a country lane on full throttle... its remapped.

If it tries to throw you though a hedge sideways on full throttle... its remapped.

If your girlfriends eyes bulge and she grabs the door handles or roof handles when you apply full throttle.... its remapped.

Pmsl
            sigpic

Comment

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I onlt got to 162mph....it must mean I mustn't have a map.....mind you I was still accelerting when a Mercedes pulled out in front of me on the German Autobahn. LOL!!

Comment

Says it all Really...

Comment

Forgot to add a mapped Vec will eat a 300bhp scoob as the vec will have around 270bhp atw and around 150lbsft more torque whereas the scoob will have around 240 atw and around 260lbft torque. this is a big difference on the road.
                  Last edited by Voxer; 11 August 2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post

Class

Comment

Working...
                    X