This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapped bonnet cable

Does anybody know how to release the bonnet if the cable snaps?

Thanks for any help
    Paul
    VXR8 Gen-F Jungle Fever

This is difficult as you cannot get to it from underneath and Dealers are likely to tell you to smash through the grill. I can get the bonnet undone and it does NOT include smashing the grill. Due to some concerns when this happened to me, after I explained in a thread I was asked to remove. I will have to explain over the phone, so send me your number and I will call you this evening.

Actually you may find its not snapped but come adrift from the hook.

Comment

Double check it hasn't came off the latch first mate, a pair of pliers will pull it, but if it has came off the hook await a call from the master as he has had to do this before
      sigpic

Comment

Pm sent
        Thanks
        VXR8 Gen-F Jungle Fever

Comment

It's come off under the bonnet Stu, I'm supposed to be bonding my vents on ready for a day out tomorrow, gutted it's all going wrong mate.
          VXR8 Gen-F Jungle Fever

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
            Double check it hasn't came off the latch first mate, a pair of pliers will pull it, but if it has came off the hook await a call from the master as he has had to do this before
            Edited this: Can hook back on the internal lever by hand but it took Mr Fi and myself 8 hours to work a way of getting the bonnet released, without smashing the grill

Comment

Oooh what vents you went for? Have you cut them out?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T28 VXR View Post
                Thats the point Stew, you can't just hook it back on , as you can't get to it and if ya could, you would be able to release it. Took Mr Fi and myself 8 hours to work a way of getting the bonnet released, without smashing the grill
                *edit this too then* Pmsl, use a dirty big screwdriver
                Last edited by vxr-bandit; 4 August 2010, 05:33 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

It's a. pain, but it is possible with patience buddy don't loose the rag with it
                  sigpic

Comment

Let me know how you get on. Also where are you based?

Comment

I went for Focus RS vents mate, holes cut, vents painted just about to glue them on and this happened.

I'm in Slough Mark, it's not going well lol.
                      VXR8 Gen-F Jungle Fever

Comment

Sure you'll do fine, let me know if you need help...sent you my number.

Comment

Got it open in the end, took about an hour, it's a fiddly job but sort of easy with the right tools.
                          Thanks to Mark for your advice, look forward to seeing you at the end of the month

Paul
                          VXR8 Gen-F Jungle Fever

Comment

Woop Woop, well done mark yet again mate

Was the cable snapped then bud or did it just come loose?
                            sigpic

Comment

It came off the latch under the slam panel mate, it's a pain in the backside, luckily I had access to a ramp and a few decent tools otherwise I'd be really stuck.
                              VXR8 Gen-F Jungle Fever

Comment

Working...
                              X