This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car back with dealer after only a week

Picked up my 07 vectra vxr estate last week and its already back with dealer, noticed a couple of problems after a couple of days. they say its the fly wheel and clutch which they're replacing under warranty. its only done 31k. has anyone else had this problem with clutch and fly wheel. hope its not the start of things to come.

No.. Mine has done 29000 miles. No sign of slipping or problems, but it hasn't had a hard life, mostly motorway miles, 4 laps of the Nurburgring and 4 Santa Pod quarter mile runs...

Comment

I'm surprised that they are doing it under warranty thought they would say its wear and tear.

Comment

They will do it under warranty if its the fly that is the problem, if its deemed to be the fly that has done in the clutch the whole lot will be replaced under warranty, which is a sigh of relief as 1500 quid for the lot is a sore one,

Make sure they change the slave cylinder too
        sigpic

Comment

We'll see on Friday when hopefully I get back all sorted. They say the fly wheel has completely failed. Will the clutch gave to be replaced with the wheel?I'll bring up the slave cylinder when I speak to them on Tuesday. Cheers

Comment

I would recon the clutch will be gone too, has it been burning?
            sigpic

Comment

only noticed the burning clutch smell twice as i tried to accellerate in 4th also the occassional judder under accelleration

Comment

They will let you know mate, but if my clutch had slipped due to the fly I'd have them replacing the lot under warranty
                sigpic

Comment

Really depend's on the dealer that you use , not Vauxhall's policy to change the clutch plate under warranty although some have had it done under warranty including myself and some others have had to contribute towards the price of the plate .

Comment

i only had the car for 7 days so going to push that they do they do the whole lot under the warranty (they did say that when i took it back)or they can take the car back , not that i want that i just want it back all fixed with no chance of it going wrong again..

Comment

Working...
                    X