Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What/how much oil do I need for service?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What/how much oil do I need for service?

Hey-up again geezers.

Thanks for the quick help on my last question about re-setting the service reminder. Hope you can help again for this one...

What grade of oil do I need for a service, and how much does a full service require in terms of litres?

Thanks again.
    Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

6 litres and iirc 5w 30
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers fella.

I googled it - found some folk recommending 0W-40, or 0W-30.......

You totally sure on 5W-30?

Cheers....

Comment

Give me a minute and il use the helpful search button
        sigpic

Comment

Yip 5w 30
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
            Give me a minute and il use the helpful search button
            Or unhelpful - I tried and didn't get anywhere! I got thousands of posts about everything BUT Veccy VXR oil!

Comment

What you need to do is put what you want to search, then change where you want to look to just vectra chat
              Advanced search is your friend
              sigpic

Comment

Nice-one Stewarty - sorted on all fronts.

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ght=oil+change
                  sigpic

Comment

Bloody hell - so I can just phone VX and they will give me all that for £42?!

Nice one - although the lass on the service desk might be a bit narked off as she was trying to get me to cough-up £145 for the service.

£100 to drop the oil out of a car. What a rip-off.

Comment

For the service they will probably be changing all filters, possibly plugs etc too,

I'm popping down today to get a full oil change kit and I'm gonna have a stab at it myself
                      sigpic

Comment

Just phoned my local dealer, for all the stuff to do the change details at 65ish pounds

Trade club members get it all for £32.82p which is a bargain, best thing I ever got was trade club card
                        sigpic

Comment

It was £145 for an oil and filter change - no plugs or other filters etc......

Or she said £174 for an oil and filter change + they would do a full engine flush and add some "special" additives into the fuel and oil. This price still didn't include changing plugs or other filters etc.

They also quoted me £142 to change the front brake pads (they need doing)

What a total rip-off.

I have looked on flee-bay for pads for the Veccy. Approx £30 to the door.
                          5W 30 Mobile 1 oil (10L) is about £60 to the door.

Comment

Pmsl rip off iv just went and got my stuff there just now, grand total of 39 quid, due to the guy thinking it was 5l oil required, still not too bad
                            sigpic

Comment

I have just phoned the Kwik-Fit in Northallerton. Very interesting.

I wouldn't normally use such places, but as long as you stand over them while they work on your car they normally are quite careful.

Ready?

Front pads fitted (inc vat) £88.80 (12,000 miles warranty)

Oil+filter change (Mobile 1 5W-30) £49.95!!

That oil change cost is for less money than it costs to buy the oil+filter!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X