This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that's mine sorted!

But, I'm not telling any of you what it was - if you want to know, then I accept paypal donations

After popping up to see a very helpful and knowledgable T28 VXR, he gave the whole car a good going over to see if he could pinpoint why the TC, AFL and IDS lights were coming on, all plugs, sensors and connections looked fine and T28 suggested that it could be my CIM unit that is failing, whatever that was!

My car is a July 07, so sadly the warranty ran out last month, which is bloody typical, so I called Vauxhall customer service on a whim and prayer and explained my situation of only being 1 month out of warranty and that it has full service history with Vauxhall and would they like to contribute towards the potential cost of making my car well again as it looked like it could be an expensive fix.

So, they told me to book it into my local dealer, let them have a poke around and then they would see what needed doing before committing to making any goodwill gesture.

Low and behold, Vauxhall call me this morning after having my car for an hour or so, indeed the CIM unit / module has failed and I was looking at a bill of approx £700.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say, WJ King in Dartford have done me proud, they called Vauxhall customer service and argued my case with them and Vauxhall have agreed to pay 50% towards the cost of the new unit, which I am happy with, apparently, this is quite a common problem on Vectras, so make a note to yourself that should you have some dash lights come on, without it effecting performance then it COULD be this CIM unit.

Big thanks to T28 and Stew - VERY helpful indeed, cheers fellas
    Had 3 x Vectra VXR's, now 335d M Sport Xdrive and LCI E60 550i

Ok... So what's a CIM?

Central Input Module?

Creative Income Manipulator?

Control Incident Manager?

Comment

Column Integration Module. It contains allot of electronics and has varying ID codes reflecting the systems the car has on it. As this is CAN bus the CIM has to be de-paired from the car and then a new one paired to the car. It sits just behind the steering wheel and holds the ignition barrel lock.

HTH

Comment

t28 mark you done it again, you are good. cant beleive it :-) had my wheel bearing done now bud, paid 254.00 and had a brand new one fitted, but the warrenty paid out. happy days. gonna change the plugs again in sept, but since you played with it, it runs like a dream.

Comment

Thanks but in fairness didn't really do it just helped to try and sus what was causing the prob.

Unfortunaltely don't have the equipment to remove and re-programme the unit.

Hope yours is going well....

Comment

Just hope I don't lose my map, although I fear I will

Comment

Originally posted by T28 VXR View Post
              Column Integration Module. It contains allot of electronics and has varying ID codes reflecting the systems the car has on it. As this is CAN bus the CIM has to be de-paired from the car and then a new one paired to the car. It sits just behind the steering wheel and holds the ignition barrel lock.

HTH
              Sounds unneccessarily expensive and complicated

Comment

i believe the astra section has some reading on this! i was going to call cim at the time but its the first time i believe ive seen it in the vectra section

sigpic

Comment

First time for me too mate,

I still called it tho only due to the astra section
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm the first I think, but that's because I am special

Comment

Got the car back, all is great, but I cannot 100% tell whether this has the map on it still been such a long time since I have driven a standard car and driving a 307 for the past few days has me confused

Comment

Working...
                      X