This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent please anyone

Right Iv never done an oil change in my life, so I have all the stuff and wanting to give it a go, but I'm unsure of what is the filter housing and sump plug, any pointers or pics?

This is a couple I took justnow

Also is this a good place for my axle stands? Wouldn't wanna be under there and be crushed

Any help greatly received
    sigpic

Bump lol, cars sitting on stands just now lol
    sigpic

Comment

lol im unsure on the vec but that circular bit with the (think it was 17mm )head sticking out the bottom looks like the filter housing! the sump plug should be a small circular plate on the bottom of the engine approx 1.5 inches across! it will have a depression in it to insert a torx

sigpic

Comment

Cheers Gary, il away and have a nosey
        sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Dont forget to cut up a 2 litre pop bottle each end to make a sleeve...

Place the sleeve over the oil filter cap BEFORE removing it.

This prevents the oil sloshing out and over the heat exchanger element as you remove it

You dont want that as its a mess, and smelly... and unprofessional

Attached Files

Comment

i bet the oil is well and truely up his coverall slieve already lol

sigpic

Comment

Also, pay attention to where the oil filter cap rubber ring goes... ensure you replace it in EXACTLY the same place.. its easy to forget and not get a good seal with the new one. also... smear the new rubber ring with OLD engine oil as it will help sealing properties

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                  i bet the oil is well and truely up his coverall slieve already lol
                  Pmsl... DOH !!

Comment

Thanks for the advice couldn't get a connection when I was outside so phoned daviek and he talked me thru it then got stuck in and yes oil well and truly up my sleeve
                    sigpic

Comment

lol

Comment

Like the drawings! Lol impressed that you had a crack at it! I wouldn't have the bottle for that like unless I'd actually
                        Seen it done in person a few times!

Comment

Working...
                        X