Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW MEMBER!! Question about remapping / remap with Bluefins ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW MEMBER!! Question about remapping / remap with Bluefins ?

Hi to all,
    I have heard some good things about these bluefin devices but not fully upto speed with them. Does anyone on here have one, used one or a expert on using them?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

About to pick my Vectra VXR up at lunch time and already wanting to MOD it

Jay

Hi and welcome, I have bluefin on my VXR, best mod ive done so far and so easy to use.

Mind goet some pics up when u get the car

Comment

Will get some pics up as soon as she is in my garage
      Do you simply plug in the device & remap the standard ecu or does it need to have a superchip installed? I have seen one on ebay and was concidering buying it......

Comment

Depending on how far you want to take your tuning will influence how you decide to have it mapped.
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

I will comment,

There is nothing else you require to install the map mate,

In basic terms, you plug the unit in, it reads your standard ecu
          Plug it into your computer and its sent to superchips, they then send you the new map, usually within 30mins,
          You plug it into the car, load the map, have fun

Superchips servers are only online Monday-friday so you won't be able to get a map over a weekend,

Hope this helps
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Guy's GR8 help!
            :-)

Comment

I know I may be starting a riot, but.... I really wanna put a dump valve on, purley to turn heads as even I was not aware that these were turbo'd. I have read they already have a re-circulation valve but this makes no noise (not what I heard anyway). How badly will it effect the car ?

Comment

get it decatted, that will turn more heads than a dump valve
                Originally posted by VXR Staff
                Billy junior is the future...

Right off to see if the scythe is needed or not

Comment

Will that effect my tax band, as at present it falls into the lower 210gbp band?
                  Thanks

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-vectra View Post
                    Will that effect my tax band, as at present it falls into the lower 210gbp band?
                    Thanks

Jay
                    Nope the tax is set by how it leaves the factory.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

I know I may be starting a riot, but.... I really wanna put a dump valve on, purley to turn heads as even I was not aware that these were turbo'd. I have read they already have a re-circulation valve but this makes no noise (not what I heard anyway). How badly will it effect the car ?
                      You can fit a DV m8, BUT you will create turbo lag and in effect slow the car down, the re-circ system is part of the reason they pick up so quick.

As Billy says, get a de-cat along with the remap and it will keep you happy.

Comment

woo hoo! cheap tax & more BHP

Comment

Thanks

Jay
                          Hee hee!, I take it yours is a 255ps version then m8, if so boy are you gonna enjoy your map, the 280 versions only get around 30bhp increase along with a whopping 140 odd lbft torque(you will really enjoy this) but the 255 version bhp is increased by a massive near 50bhp increase.

Comment

yeah its the 255 version, going to pick it up in about an hour, went out for a test drive the other night, had to take a second look when I saw 110mph in 3rd!!! (on a dis-used air field of course). Was onto astra GTE's many moons ago, but looking forward to getting into these now I have a wife & kids in tow.

Comment

Enjoy mate, as voxer says, its a massive jump in power for the 255bhp version
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X