This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Wheel

Whilst cleaning the car out today I noticed that it has no spare wheel only a mini air pump, My question is am I missing a space saver ? or is this how they come? Mine is a 55 plate if this matters.
    Cheers!

Should have a tub of tyres weld too fella, it fits onto the air compressor and pumps it into the tyre, but they don't come with a spare wheel
    sigpic

Comment

looks like i'm missing the 2 tins of expanding foam
      Cheers thou, good to find these answers quickly.

Comment

Stewarty will a space saver fit on it ??? Only not sure coz of the size of the front discs. I brought a spare alloy so I got set of 5 :-) but don't sit in boot very well. Your have to msg me ya no so I can come say hi on sat :-)

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Spacesaver only fit's on rear so means if you get a flat front you need to put the rear wheel on the front then the spacesaver on the rear. Mucking about yes but tyrefoam cant seal a side wall cut

Comment

Originally posted by Debsvxr View Post
            Spacesaver only fit's on rear so means if you get a flat front you need to put the rear wheel on the front then the spacesaver on the rear. Mucking about yes but tyrefoam cant seal a side wall cut
            Cheers. Useful to no that :-)

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

just brought 16" steel wheel and part worn tyre 205/50/16,cost £54 pounds from scrapyard.fits in the boot a treat

Comment

Originally posted by pusky View Post
                just brought 16" steel wheel and part worn tyre 205/50/16,cost £54 pounds from scrapyard.fits in the boot a treat
                Will that fit over the front brakes or would u have to swap the back alloy to front and fit on the back ?
                Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

Would need to swap maf,
                  sigpic

Comment

does anybody want the tyre leak system kit? we have them sent out to us when we order a bodykit! stands us at £61.12 but open to offers!

Kit consists of the foam canister and an electric pump which plugs into the 12v socket in your car.

Comment

also have a brand new space saver with tyre which could be sent out for £25.00. but i think we would recommend a full size spare (16"/17") being the VXR model!

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                        Would need to swap maf,
                        Thought so

The Vectra Sri alloy 17 inch will fit though ?
                        Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

It possibly will maf, just need to check the clearance
                          sigpic

Comment

Something is in the back of my mind that Police specials were fitted with the elite wheels to get the clearance on the front.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by MAF VXR View Post
                              Thought so

The Vectra Sri alloy 17 inch will fit though ?
                              Not enough clearance with that one either , as Moeman said the 17" elite wheel is what the police use and europeans use them as winter wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X