This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-cat = MOT Problems ???

Just sitting here thinking about removing the cat & silencer as suggested on a previous discussion & I am thinking will this effect the emission's when I need to take the car for an mot to the extent it could fail?

Nope, not a chance, you still have the cat in the Downpipe which passes mot emissions tests
    sigpic

Comment

I cant see it being a problem,I have a de-cat down pipe and it passed easily.
      Most cats never get hot enough to work properly so I will probably remove the main cat with a straight through system and bung a meter up her to see the difference at some point.
      Obviously for off road racing purposes only

Comment

just looking at that boost guage pic of yours, what psi do these run? can you adjust the actuator to increase it?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-vectra View Post
          just looking at that boost guage pic of yours, what psi do these run? can you adjust the actuator to increase it?
          15 - 17 PSI is what I get,Not sure about adjusting the aviator as these are pushed to the max as it is.
          VXR with extra mojo
          300.4 bhp and 391 ft/lb Dap Remap
          Center silence removed
          DAP R springs now fitted

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
            Nope, not a chance, you still have the cat in the Downpipe which passes mot emissions tests
            What would you guess to be a fair price to have this work done? Surley it is just remove / cut out the offending items and replace them with a pipe of some size?

Comment

Just sitting here thinking about removing the cat & silencer as suggested on a previous discussion & I am thinking will this effect the emission's when I need to take the car for an mot to the extent it could fail?
              As Stew has said, it will pass MOT no problem, My car has just went through it's first MOT and had no issues.

IIRC a stage 1 should be running around 15psi top then dropping and holding at 11psi.

You can adjust it, but I wouldn't recommend it unless it's done by prefessionals and gets checked regularly(it's not a huge difference anyway though so unless you have mental friends, don't bother tbh.

The boost a mapped vec runs is healthy enough to scare passengers as it is and much safer left alone, mine is tweaked as I like a little extra but it does run hotter after a short blast than mapped cars normally do, how it was done don't ask I couldn't tell you all I know is he put a metal wand to it and magic happened But he logs it every time I'm over to see him to make sure all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by shippers View Post
                15 - 17 PSI is what I get,Not sure about adjusting the aviator as these are pushed to the max as it is.
                Would 17psi(roughly) not be your overboost.

Comment

Originally posted by Voxer View Post
                  Would 17psi(roughly) not be your overboost.
                  Yea will be Neil,

Boost for stage 1 should be between 14-15psi, overboosting to 17-18psi, and drop all the way to around 5psi
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Voxer - your car stats are making me jealous! I got 255bhp standard..... AT THE MOMENT

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Voxer - your car stats are making me jealous! I got 255bhp standard..... AT THE MOMENT
                      He likes to tweak
                      sigpic

Comment

It seems like it! Thanks also mate for answering the questions I have been posting.

Comment

Not a problem,
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Cheers m8, normally stews has 4bhp more than me but he's still arguing with himself over whether to buy race plugs or not so he can go back up to stage 3.

Hurry up Stew, you know you want too.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Cheers m8, the 5.3 0-60 was not done by me, best I could get was 5.62 as I just couldn't bring myself to hammer the clutch on launch, my old man didn't have the same reservations.

He did say though if he did a proper clutch dump he could get it as near as damn to 5 dead but reckons the clutch would melt if he did.

I'll stick with 5.3.

Comment

Working...
                              X