Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

56 plate Vectra VXR 30k miles for £7400...help/good deal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 plate Vectra VXR 30k miles for £7400...help/good deal?

Newbie (and potential VXR owner) here, hello everyone!

Have just been to view a VXR. Was looking for a Saab 93 wagon with the same engine initially but started looking at the VXRs for sale also.

The car appears to be well looked after, MoTs (all two of them) stack up with the mileage and service stamps...although it did miss last years service as it was sold from an independent dealer who did an oil and filter change rather than take it to Vauxhall.

Is it a fair price? The car has no extras but drives well, oil nice and clean and no strange noises from the engine or chassis. HPI clear.

Shame it is not £245 tax but not the end of the world.

If anyone has a spare five mins and wouldn't mind having a chat on MSN or phone just PM me, I will appreciate some advice from the experts here!

Otherwise please post any comments or advice below.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hiya,

I'm not an expert in car prices or buying tips, so good luck with the deal.

My thoughts are:-

It seems to be a reasonable price, however some others have bought similar age cars with extras for about the same price as yours. However I get the impression these 'extras' are fairly rare with the early Vectra VXR examples. The later models '07 plate > seem to have lots of extras fitted.

If the Road Tax is £425+ each year, then it will be a very early 280 BHP model. Doesnt really matter other than it had some exhaust noise-level lowering, IDS suspension tweeks and air box modification.

Rule of thumb is:- Get a VXR with as many extras as possible as it will be easier to sell on when the time comes. But thats up to you.

Take it for a test drive and get it warmed up... just make sure you dont have any accelleration hesitations, juddering or misfires. Check the clutch isnt slipping either.

Comment

By the way... the Vectra VXR extra's were

> Automatic Forward Lighting (AFL) - Headlights move with the steering
      > Telephone BlueTooth Integration
      > Climate Control - similar to Air Conditioning but duel zone controlled
      > Sat Nav
      > Full Leather Interior
      > Park Assist - Front and Rear Parking Sensors
      > 19" Wheel Upgrade

Cant remember any others...

Comment

Thanks for the advice. The car does have the 19" wheels on it, I forgot to mention that.

I have put an offer forward at £7200 and the seller has accepted. So that's that, I am now a VXR owner
        Last edited by texasjohn; 29 August 2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Is it red?

Comment

recon you got a bargin mate good luck with it would have to pay tax for it thought £245 was bad
            sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Is it red?
              It's silver

Comment

I've not long had one and I paid 8750 for it. Mines Arden and has a few extras, I got afl and duel climate control, 19 wheels spare to match, part leather as I hate full leather. I think you got yourself a little bargain but I'm no car expert. Welcome to the madhouse bud. Enjoy it :-)

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

I think Arden is a great colour but I wanted to avoid it as it is a VXR only colour, and more fun surprising people if you have the stealth approach!

I do need to get the alignment checked out and wheels balanced, one of the reasons why I got a good price. Will also need a service in November but I might DIY that.

Comment

great choice in colour mate, wolf in sheeps clothing

Comment

Thanks Ray

Comment

I want a silver one

Wherever you bought it from, you beat me to it :P

Comment

Check the wheels carefully, I thought one of mine was out of balance, looked fine on the outer rim however the inner rim wasnt round but buckled, only visible with the wheel off!

and welcome to the silver veccie club.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                            Check the wheels carefully, I thought one of mine was out of balance, looked fine on the outer rim however the inner rim wasnt round but buckled, only visible with the wheel off!

and welcome to the silver veccie club.
                            Will do, thanks for the advice. I am taking the car to ETS in Derby tomorrow, they have some good (Hunter 9700) equipment for balancing wheels.

There are some gouge marks on one of the front alloys consistent with hitting something quite hard, not like kerbing marks really.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...00830-1616.jpg

If I have a buckled rim I will be a little disappointed but it's not the end of the world as the car is otherwise A1 and I am happy with the deal I got.

I am not too far from Banbury so might try VXRPC for a service and possible map.
                            Last edited by texasjohn; 30 August 2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              I want a silver one

Wherever you bought it from, you beat me to it :P
                              everythin is for sale at the right price

Comment

Working...
                              X