This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardwire a TOMTOM

Is there anybody done this in their cars?

Reason being I'm thinking of doing it in my car but not quite sure when it comes to snipping the TOMTOM Cable do I need to cut before the 5v box as the car runs 12v and what wire from the TOMTOM cable goes to the live feed?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Scotty.

Scott, I run a Brodit mount which is then Hard-wire into the driver side kick panel, just got a cigarette lighter extension and spliced it in, then used the brodit mount with the cigarette lighter plug straight into it...simples!
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.mountonus.com/Brodit-Mode...T-Holders.aspx
      sigpic

Comment

That's it mount on the driver side vent...tidy job!
        sigpic

Comment

Nice one Jon I'll look into that one buddy

Scotty.

Comment

Scott...here ebay link to what I used.

Click Here

Just chopped one off and soldered it to a live fed (ign on) behind the foot well kick plate, then plugged the powered brodit in.

Brodit's aren't cheap but they're bloody good.

Plus it keeps it off the windscreen..a pet hate of mine.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jon

Comment

Thanks guys, I need to sort out some hard wiring for my 920 too, so this thread will be very useful!

Comment

All sorted. I had a double fag lighter which I chopped the plug off and then connected to the loom running to the fag lighter using spade connectors then sat the double adaptor underneath the centre console with the TOMTOM and my Mobile phone chargers plugged into to it. Checked that the adaptor would switch off with the ignition and it worked. So no more unsightly wires. The phone charger cable I ran up through the hole in the storage unit under the heater switches and pierced a hole in the rubber pad and popped out the end that goes into the phone. After using it it's just a case of sliding it back into the storage unit. Thanks again Jon for the help.

Comment

No worries...the hidden ciggy lighter has been a trick of mine for years....makes for a tidy fit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X