X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics with tints.

Folks,

Looking to tint all windows with exception the windscreen, if anyone has any pics with tint details can they please attach to give me some ideas what to do.

Thanks

Mark

Originally posted by markos37 View Post
    Folks,

Looking to tint all windows with exception the windscreen, if anyone has any pics with tint details can they please attach to give me some ideas what to do.

Thanks

Mark
    Hi markos37, you have to be a little careful when tinting your windows to make sure that you keep them within the law. This link sets it out for you.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...icle/DG_181016

I have had a Vauxhall Cavalier with tinted windows since 1997. It has been through 13 MOT's without a problem, but as I recently discovered they do not actually test window light penetration during the MOT test. The police have special meters to measure the light and can either remove the tint or take your car if you windows are too tinted.

I had mine done in 1997 by Pentagon. I had Limo rear and rear side, and Midnight to the drive and passenger fronts. The front windscreen is untouched. I've attached a couple of photos for you, one from 1997 and one from a few months ago.

The one big problem you will run into with tinted windows is that if you are involved in an accident, your insurance may be invalidated by the window tint. So it is wise to have it done professionally and get a certificate that proves it is legal.

Anyway, hope this info is useful.

Comment

There's pics of mine on my car thread but I'm on my phone so can't link it for u

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state View Post
          Hi In a state, that is a very light tint, but I have to say, your car looks amazing!

-Matt-

Comment

Ta, the front tint was done to match the factory rears.
            sigpic

Comment

Here is a pic from when I brought mine, you can really see a full side view I will try to get more pics soon. I dont have any tint on the front & I do like it that way, limo black in the back does lessen your visability

Pic has not worked...
              Try this auction number on ebay 170529086626 just type it onto the search bar.

Comment

Last edited by vxr-bandit; 1 September 2010, 11:49 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

couple of mine,after a leg stretch on hill near my house plus couple of pics ,after a day at alton towers...light smoke to rear,none at all on fronts,plus sunstrip on windscreen in light smoke also...
                  Attached Files
                  sapphire black vectra vxr lowered on H&R`s,tints all round,main cat delete,center silencer delete.mapped by rabbid,302.4bhp,420lb torque

Comment

Working...
                  X