This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Stewarty-VXR

Have you seen 888 Race Engineerings BTCC Vectra ?

http://www.tripleeight.co.uk/galleri...ttertonsun.php

He's gonna like that, I know I do
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Haha I actually phoned 888 a while back when I was looking to do a full replica of this car, but they wouldn't sell me anything not even a sticker so I went green
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
        Haha I actually phoned 888 a while back when I was looking to do a full replica of this car, but they wouldn't sell me anything not even a sticker so I went green

But there is a place that will matey.

Comment

Why would anyone want to spoil their car and make it look like that

Comment

Originally posted by Debsvxr View Post
            Why would anyone want to spoil their car and make it look like that
            Its because were boys.. simple as that

Comment

I spoke with 888 about 2 years ago about making a replica Touring Car... but in metallic black.

However, it didnt take long to realise it would be a nightmare

The front bumper isnt fixed like a road going car so therefore special brackets would have to be made... then the bumper is fibre glass, so its going to look tatty very quickly with stonechips and speed bump damage.

Ideally you need to get a standard bumper and have it moulded exactly to the same shape as the touring car one... Carbon Fibre project maybe?

The front wings need to be replaced and the rear arches extended (which I think were pop-rivetted to the BTCC Car)

Then the wheels needed to be extended outwards to fill the arches (so now the car wouldnt fit in my garage, or car ramps or anything else that is used to normal width cars - lol) and god knows what pressures this would put on the driveshafts, bearings etc

If done right, I reckon it would look absolutely fantastic for car shows... truly stunning
              Last edited by spoons; 2 September 2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                Its because were boys.. simple as that
                Must be chavvy boys then as that looks mince for a road car

Comment

Originally posted by Debsvxr View Post
                  Must be chavvy boys then as that looks mince for a road car
                  ... and that demonstrates my point entirely, thank you... completely consumed by looks, image and status with little or no appreciation for the technical complexities and solutions involved.

Race cars are made to function, the only fashion accessory you will find is usually stood in front on the grid holding a name board.

And you might be right if it was your only car... but would be very cool if it wasnt your only car...

Race cars are really good fun and usually very attractively ugly...
                  Last edited by spoons; 3 September 2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Yip, why be boring and all drive the same car?
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the Andy Jordans car looks better. The livery rocks!

Comment

This is the best one iv ever seen

sigpic

Comment

This is the best one iv ever seen

Also my favorite 888/VXR Racing Vectra. love the colour combo and the looks of the car. Sweet as that thing is

Comment

Me too mav, wouldn't look out of place on my drive
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                              ... and that demonstrates my point entirely, thank you... completely consumed by looks, image and status with little or no appreciation for the technical complexities and solutions involved.

Race cars are made to function, the only fashion accessory you will find is usually stood in front on the grid holding a name board.

And you might be right if it was your only car... but would be very cool if it wasnt your only car...

Race cars are really good fun and usually very attractively ugly...
                              Maybe so but this would be the OP's main car

Yip, why be boring and all drive the same car?
                              You have certainly been doing a lot of shouting but not actually doing anything and as far as i can see drive the same car as myself

Comment

Working...
                              X