This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Stuart Harris perhaps?

Just wondering why the VXR doesnt come with the bonnet struts like the rest of the range, looking around Im guessing its something to do with space???

I reckon its to do with the light weight bonnet,

Comment

yea I agree probably find the bonnet gets released and fly's off backwards, probably hitting ya chin a it does. Ok I'll wait the offical version

Comment

We deleted the gas assist bonnet struts in MY06 Vectra
        As its an ally bonnet it was slight overkill anyway.
        Stu

Comment

When I first opened the bonnet on mine I nearly dropped it!!!
          Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
          Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Thanks for the reply Stu, I wondered whether it was just because of the design of the new bonnets being different and not allowing enough room......thats yesterdays mystery solved, wonder what todays will be.

Comment

I've got to say lads & lasses I was put off buying another Vectra for the amount of spec drop on the SRI. I had on my 03my auto dim mirror, rain sensing wipers, rear air vents, front cubby under headlight switch and a couple of other bits including the bonnet struts which have all now been deleted as standard. My SRI was a fine car but i would have felt like i had got an older car if i would have part ex'd it for the facelift.
              One of the main reason's i went for the Meriva.
              I must say it has been quite a topic of discussion over on Vectra-c.com, alot of pre facelift owners would be put off the newer version because of standard spec loss.
              One big spec difference I did notice was on the Vectra GSI. Up to 2004/2005 it came with HID headlights as standard, they were then made an option at a rough cost of £800 but the cars list price never changed.
              I also remember when the drive by wire engines came late on in the Vectra B's life. Vauxhall wanted £250 for cruise control as an option when new, but you could buy the clutch switch and indicator stalk for less than £50 and fit them both in about 30 minutes with no tech2 required either.
              Paul.

Comment

In Oct 2002 a Vectra SRi 1.8 was £16545. In July 2006 a Vectra SRi 1.8VVT is £16945.
                I made the choice of keeping the list price competitive so something had to give.
                We now sell more SRi's since the great days of the SRi130.
                You make a good point but sometimes we just have to take the tough choice and I really don;t like losing kit but this was ,it turns out, the right business decision.
                Stu

Comment

Fair enough Stu, Vauxhall aren't on there own on this topic either. Maybe my point on the GSI was because it wasn't selling that well anyway. Someone new to the SRI range maybe would be unaware to the spec drop, but with forums like this and Vectra-c.com current owners are well aware. Mind you with the cr4p some dealers come out with you wouldn't know what spec you were getting. I remeber been in my local dealers a couple of months ago well after the 3.2 engine had been replaced with the 2.8 and the salesman was attmepting to sell the facelift Veccy to a potential buyer who had a caravan, you will be fine with the 3.2 petrol he was saying or Vauxhall also do a 2.2 diesel. Nearly twenty grands worth of car been sold with engines that had long gone.
                  Paul.

Comment

Paul , I think I'll hand that one over to Dave
                    Stu

Comment

HHHMMMM product knowledge, dont get me started on that lol, its an unfortunate thing that product knowledge takes a back seat a lot now, you cant know everything about every model (although some of us do try our best), but it is an area that seems to e getting worse to some extent as its an area that has less and less empahsis put on it.
                      The spec loss in some of the cars has been a little dissapointing, and it is an area a few people have commented on, but then as Stuart has said the Vectra SRi;s etc. have really taken off. when the Vectra C came out the demand (we found anyway) for the likes of the SRi models dropped a bit, after having picked up towards the end of the run of the Vectra B (Sri 150;s were a very good seller). However over the last 24 months or so, we have found the demand for SRi;s go up - a lot.
                      There is also a few other things to think about regarding spec, whilst some models have lost spec, there are some that have gained rather than lost. Take the first of the Vectra C SXi models, and compare it to the later ones? The early cars really just looked like a Vectra Elegance on the outside with little to distinguish it, where as the later cars came with the SRi bumpers/colour coded side skirts/tinted headlights/better alloys etc.

Comment

Totally agree Dave, The SXi is great value now compared to earlier ones. I toyed with the idea of going for a used elite prior to ordering the Meriva. I think one of the main things is it should be the likes of use selling Vauxhalls's that have an interest in them and kno them pretty much inside out, where as most Salesmen to them it's just a job.
                        Paul.

Comment

Having had a 2004 Vectra SRi 1.9 CDTi 150 which I bought new in March 2004, this along with the standard 'top spec' had colour sat nav, leather 18's and so on was a fantstic car, I covered 60,000 miles with pretty much no hassle in 24 months.
                          My new 06 facelift model, although without doubt is a far superior drivers car than my old one is a let down in some ways. Yes the SRi spec has been reduced and I understand and accept the reasons why. But some little things you can tell costs have been looked at.
                          The carpets are way cheaper than the older car and the cubby hols in the boot are open to the rear quarter panel. I know it is only small things though but it does make a difference to the feel good factor of the car.
                          But my biggest gripe is the dual mass flywheel. Mine is in today having this checked out as it is not a nice car to drive smoothly at the moment.
                          On and off the throttle is a thud, thud affair. My old one did'nt suffer from this until about 45,000 miles, my new one has 7000 mile son the clock.
                          I also found it strange and disapointing that the leather pack was dropped from SRi. But in some ways I am glad as I got my freinds company to re-trim the car in deep bourbon red leather which looks fantastic with the black paint. It was my friends company that also did Lous Astra VXR.
                          Any feedback on the flywheels Stu?
                          Cheers
                          Matt
                          Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
                          Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Agree with the comments about the dropping of the leather from the options list on the SRi, we always speccdd out SRi demo;s with leather and it was disappionting to see it dropped.

Comment

Working...
                            X