Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The VXR effect. Do you suffer from it?

Just come back from my holidays in Lincs and had a lovely time but the wife pointed out an annoying thing with the old bus (quite witty for her) she calls it the "VXR effect" this is the constant line of cars wapping up behind me and sitting inches off the rear bumper with two wheels on or just over the center white lines trying to get me to race them.

I got used to it ages ago but it drivers her mad as she sees it as idiots putting her and her (well our) two kids at risk. Anyone else suffer this or is it just me????
    Kentec inside

I get the same all the time and my missus hates it too. I find though that the worst offenders are irmscher grill vectras no matter what engine they seem to think the grill makes them flying machines.

Comment

yes me to mostly little chav,s in there fiesta st,s and saxo,s .ha ha !

Comment

Originally posted by vxrossco View Post
        I get the same all the time and my missus hates it too. I find though that the worst offenders are irmscher grill vectras no matter what engine they seem to think the grill makes them flying machines.
        Actually on the way home last night I was kind of stuck behind a divot like this for about 40 miles on the A1 he was in the outside lane and come hell or high water that was his lane and he was not going to budge. I matched his speed for this length of time (following correct lane etiquette) in total disbelief as car after car came up behind flashing and tooting then giving up and undertaking with him shaking fists and carrying on every time he was undertook! I gave up in the end and ****** off and yes he did have the irmscher grill!
        Kentec inside

Comment

Originally posted by cavalino View Post
          yes me to mostly little chav,s in there fiesta st,s and saxo,s .ha ha !
          Agreed as above, although last night I did have a lime green 1.4 Astra with five young lads try it on, travelling on the carriageway I got held up behind a passing truck at 60 mph so they sat right behind me bouncing in their seats in excitement lol MUPPETS, last time I saw them they were flashing their lights about a mile behind me lol MUPPETS.

Comment

Yep I get it all the time, only had my Vec VXR a month and can think of 10-15 times of cars right up my rear end
            Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

Originally posted by MAF VXR View Post
              Yep I get it all the time, only had my Vec VXR a month and can think of 10-15 times of cars right up my rear end
              So MAF is it just a rumour, I heard that you dont mind people right up your rear end

Comment

Originally posted by markos37 View Post
                So MAF is it just a rumour, I heard that you dont mind people right up your rear end
                Lol now now be nice lmao. I've not had no one try and race me :-( wanna show them that Vxr rules lol

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

yes get it all time from saxo vts corsa etc had it today give them a bang from the remus it bangs nice and loud gotta love these rude boys
                  sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Originally posted by markos37 View Post

It's just a rumour
                    Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

I used to deliberately annoy Porsche etc in my 1.2 Clio when I was 18 just so they would get ****** off and floor it just to hear them go past! Nowerdays if some boy racer is behind but not being dangerous I remember what I used to be like and give them a couple second blast then stick cruise back on lol

On a diff note I'm 28 now and I still put the window down when a big bike or an R8 or any big V8 goes past lol even in the pissing rain, does the wifes head in haha

Comment

I get this a lot, I often just cruise on the motorways but today I was in middle lane on the m1 south when a merc AMG pulled in from the fast lane into the middle lane and proceeded to sit up my rear end for about 2 miles, i pulled into the fast lane and hey ho so did he, I dropped a gear and give it some beans and he came with me, surprise surprise, so i pulled back into middle lane so did he but because he was so focused on my rear end he didnt see the foreign lorry pulling out of slow lane into the middle lane and Smash nice AMG travelling sideways in my rear view mirror.

Everyone stopped as it blocked lane 1 and 2 I kindly got out and asked if he was ok, he was, just annoyed his car was in a state so I reminded him to keep an eye on all sides instead of being 2 foot from my *** for the last 6 miles, with that I just walked away and let them get on with it.
                        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

poor bugger served him right for being an idiot up your ****. suffer with this problem once but keep wanting chavs to try it and then just cruise off with them squeeling their tyres to nothing. just none of them have done it yet.

jonesy

Comment

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                            I get this a lot, I often just cruise on the motorways but today I was in middle lane on the m1 south when a merc AMG pulled in from the fast lane into the middle lane and proceeded to sit up my rear end for about 2 miles, i pulled into the fast lane and hey ho so did he, I dropped a gear and give it some beans and he came with me, surprise surprise, so i pulled back into middle lane so did he but because he was so focused on my rear end he didnt see the foreign lorry pulling out of slow lane into the middle lane and Smash nice AMG travelling sideways in my rear view mirror.

Everyone stopped as it blocked lane 1 and 2 I kindly got out and asked if he was ok, he was, just annoyed his car was in a state so I reminded him to keep an eye on all sides instead of being 2 foot from my *** for the last 6 miles, with that I just walked away and let them get on with it.
                            quality, talk about piss on his bonfire teach him wont it, you looking forward to sat, i am

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

I tend to just look at my average mpg and see if it's worth it! I was surprised at how many scooobaruus will drop from the 3rd to the 1st lane to sit at 65mph

s3 drivers are just as bad but give a better run for there money than those pescy scoobys!

Comment

Working...
                              X