This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Wing Mirror

Some *** in a Peugeot decided he needed more of the road than his own half and clouted the drivers wing mirror at speed.
    The glass popped out and because of the road speed I wasn't able to go back and find out if it was in one piece.
    I now have two wires dangling, does that mean the motor is/was on the back of the glass (in other words do I need a new motor and glass).

The wires might be for the heater element (assuming you have heated mirrors)

Comment

I am looking out of the window now and I can see a cicular thing which I guess must be movement mechanisom and then there is a wire at the top and one at the bottom.

Comment

Have you actually tried using the adjuster control.... if the motor is still there, you would probbaly hear/see it moving.
        I know that's a dumb question... but i have to ask

Comment

That was good thinking. Have been to have a look and the good news is that there is still movement.
          Hopefully the glass won't take too long to fit.

Comment

Fortunately for you the mirror is easier to fit than previous versions of driver mirrors. Once you have attached the 2 wires, of course the bottom one for the bottom of the mirror and the top for the top, look at the contact area for the mirror to attach and apply the pressure in this are on the glass face. DO NOT apply any pressure to the edges for fitting back in. Need help call me.

Comment

I was going to get a little man in the Garage to do it for me. If it is that easy I will have a go myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                That was good thinking. Have been to have a look and the good news is that there is still movement.
                Hopefully the glass won't take too long to fit.
                Glad to be of help.... I'm sure if you ask the parts guy nicely, he'll fit it FOC for you anyway.. Then, i he breaks it, he replaces it

Comment

£46!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  To replace the mirror glass.

Comment

I hope that is including the glass?

Comment

Yes the glass was £21, the labour £17 then the dreaded VAT was put on.

Comment

Working...
                      X