This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra Recall

Did anyone else receive the recall notice yesterday for the heated washer jets?
    My car is booked in on the 7th July for the work to be completed.

You'll find that all those within a certain chassis range will get these. I did for the Blue Vectra.

Comment

Can you post a bigger picture of your silver car. I would like to see what it looks like rather than having to squint at the Avatar.

Comment

hiya catherine..

yes...i got the recall notice...same as you
        no booked it in yet...but will soon
        any ideas wot the problem is...? and wot needs changing..

roger..

Comment

Seems they just unplug the heated washer jets...and don't actually fix the problem, they just stop the fault from happening.
          sigpic

Comment

u mean the heated washer jets do not heat.....???
            surley needs action from vaux........??

or do we all ignore the recall....???

Comment

I have had a message from another member of this forum to say this is the case. I am finding this quite odd because the dealer has said they need the car for a day.

I am also dissapointed that a car with heated washer jets has to have them disconnected.

Comment

Surely that would constitute a violation under the Trades Description Act.

Originally posted by Trade Description Act
                ]The Act makes it an offence to:
                • Apply a false or misleading description to goods (e.g. by writing it down, making a verbal statement or by turning back a car's odometer); or
                • Supply or offer to supply goods to which a false or misleading trade description is applied. A person exposing goods for supply (e.g. in a shop) or having them in his possession for supply (e.g. in a storeroom) is deemed to offer to supply them for the purposes of the Act.
                These offences are strict liability offences i.e. it is possible for a trader to commit an offence without intending to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                  I am also dissapointed that a car with heated washer jets has to have them disconnected.
                  If you have xenons lights, and I assume you do if you have water jets then I believe VXL couldn't just disconnect them. It's law in this country to have heated jets wash for xenon lights.

Comment

seems we need some intervention by "the mothership"
                    --- can u help clear this up...b4 i take mine in ......and it has unnessary work done 2 it...?
                    we await the offical reply with interest..
                    thx

Comment

Mine is now ready to collect. I will find out what was done as I have had 2 different versions of what will be done.

1. I was told it was disconnected
                      2. I was told it was being modified and would be reconnected once done.

Comment

Car is now back from the dealer and bless them, they had spruced it up for me.

Anyway they have disconnected the wire that heats the nozel and are awaiting further instruction.

Apparantly the problem can result in a chemical smell being noticed or smoke coming through the air vents in the cabin.

As I understand the situation everything will be reconnected at some point, but for safetys sake it has been temporarily disconnected.

If anyone is reluctant to have this done, I think it would be a mistake.

Comment

I have been to the dealer after receiving the recall letter,they told me after he checked with Vauxhall,that the wiring needs to be modified with heat shrink to protect it,he then said he has ordered the parts,I'm now waiting for their call,half hour job,

Comment

Had mine done last week, dealer had ordered new part & was fitted in 20 mins while I waited. Did'nt even know I had heated washers !

Comment

Working...
                            X