This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR fuel consumption

Just wondering what everyones averaging on their ciinsumption. Found the first tankful on mines it was absolutely dreadful the car just doesnt like taking it easy. Car has covered 800+miles now and Ive found that the she is getting better on fuel consumption the more the miles go on, even with her getting driven harder. Went from and average of 25mpg upto 27.1mpg.

25mpg ... if my Mrs engages 5th and 6th gear ..
    ... less on BP 102 octane
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

23 - 27 MPG. Generally it is 25+ but can have bad patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
        25mpg ... if my Mrs engages 5th and 6th gear ..
        ... less on BP 102 octane
        Has the 102 made any difference?
        If I drive like Miss Daisey (according to some), I get about 38mpg on a run ( motorway and b roads)but when I get rid of the bloke carring the flag in front of my car about 23mpg.

Comment

RE 102
          Could not really tell .. also I think it would need a few tank fulls.
          To note the exhaust stayed clean ... no black on the ends
          MPG no better

Comment

Have just come back from the Mercedes dealer in the Vectra and f$ck me was it quick. Gabriell put 20 litres of optimax into it yesterday and the thing was flying round the country lanes.

Comment

Thing I find with the VXR is that you dont realise how fast it actually going. In the Astra VXR you get the push back in the seat and some torque steer so your aware how fast your accelerating, where as teh vectra you dont have that noticeable push your just aware that the speedo needle is going up rather quick, has caught me out a few times going into corners quicker than I realise.......apart from the first tank mines is always filled on Optimax, personally dont think it makes that much of a differance on a standard car but given theres only 4p a litre of a differance in price I can live with that.

Comment

I agree with what you say Dave about Optimax, I found our Impreza never felt any different running on it.
                However taking into accoun the dreadful heat we have today (32 degrees at 2pm in Melksham) the car was at its very best.
                I am comparing this to a 2004 Mercedes 350SL with 11K on the clock. The Mercedes would NOT have caught the Vectra.

Comment

Just done a trip to France and back....33 degrees most of the way...bike on the rook rack...fully loaded, I mean fully loaded, to the brim and Alpine driving...1500 miles at 27mpg...on the motorways cruise set at 134 kph.

Pretty good I thought.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just back from Billing, covered nearly 1,100miles between going to the other halfs and Nrothampton and back, averaged 28mpg and an average speed of 72mph which I was very ahppily suprised at.

Comment

Geee you averaged 72mph, bet your other half was hanging on tee hee

But that said I did a trip to Courtenays with dual carriage way and lots of country lanes and also avergaed 28mpg

Comment

have to say I am getting concerned again about the fuel consumption on the Vectra.

I looked at the average for the current tank full and it had gone from 25 to 23.3 since yesterday. It appears to showing 0.4/0/5 gal per hour on tick over (seams quite high to me) and I noticed that when free wheeling with the engine on tick over today the best current fuel consumption was 50 mpg with absolutely no sign of the 999.99 figure that I usually get.

I have already complained to the dealer about the consumption but they claim that Tech 2 cannot find a fault. I certainly hope it improves before long.

Comment

Well, I do see the 999 blah blah bit ... but the mpg is about 24..... but this due to the type of driving not the car.

Oh, BTW I was in Bristol Thursday night and left Friday ... didn't you see me ??

I will send out an alert when I am next down...

Comment

Working...
                          X