X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a state
    replied
    I'll just call the AA and get trailered home...

Leave a comment:

• dave_taiho
    replied
    It is not the diameter of the wheel but the size of the tyre which will affect the ride height. The standard 235/35 19 gives a diameter of 647.1mm. Using a 205/60 16 gives a diameter of 652.4mm a 5.3mm/0.82% difference or using a 195/60 16 gives a diameter of 640.4mm a difference of 6.7mm/1.04%(half this for change in ride height). Any difference within 2.5% is acceptable and as the steel wheel is only a temporary measure to get you home it will not matter. Preferable to the space saver option offered now.

Leave a comment:

• DaveDempsey
    replied
    Wont the 16" space saver result in the car sitting at an angle because the wheel has a smaller radius than the other 3 wheels on the car?

Leave a comment:

• In a state
    replied
    ..don't forget you'll have to carry a jack as well!

Leave a comment:

• stephen
    replied
    nice thinking, dave. i think i can spare a tenner!

Leave a comment:

• dave_taiho
    replied
    The 16" standard steel spare will only fit over the rear brakes. These can be picked up from any scrappie for a tenner. Ok if you get a front puncture you will have to change two wheels (rear to front puncture, spare to rear). But if you are stuck better looking at it than for it.

Leave a comment:

• Andyuk911
    replied
    A 'group' could be 4 people ......

Leave a comment:

• stephen
    replied
    these are identical to the 19" wheels on my vectra vxr. £800 for a spare wheel just in case sounds a bit OTT. I could always put them on a roof rack and pretend I am in a rally!

Leave a comment:

• Andyuk911
    replied
    Group buy for these ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-ASTRA-VXR-A...QQcmdZViewItem

Leave a comment:

• Catherine
    replied
    I think the problem is two fold and you are restricted to a wheel big enough for the brakes and of course the tyre well. I don't think there is a space saver big enough for the Vectra VXR and I don't believe an 18 or 19 inch wheel will fit the well.

Leave a comment:

• stephen
    started a topic spare wheel

spare wheel

there is no spare wheel supplied with the Vectra VXR. Is it possible to buy one - for example a temporary steel wheel which will fit the studs and the spare wheel bay? Anybody know how much for the wheel, and a suitable temporary tyre, and where from?

Also - there is no jack supplied either, or wheelbrace. I have got a wheelbrace which will do, but does anybody know what sort of Jack would be suitable for a Vectra VXR - in the manual it looks like a scissor-jack.

I know there is a tyre piump and some goo in a can - but i worry about a catastrophic blow-out - especially when outside the UK - when it seems there is no "get-you-home" option supplied.

Hope you can help

Regards to you all,

Stephen
Working...
X