This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear on Sunday 16th - Vectra VXR

"After lambasting caravans over the years, the team embark on a caravanning holiday in Dorset. With the help of the Totyota Formula One Team, The Stig and a very large building, the lads try to find out how fast you can drive indoors. Film star Brian Cox is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car, plus there's test-drives for the Vauxhall VXR, Mazda 6 MPS and Mondeo ST220."

I am waiting for it to be panned by Clarkson.

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

O got in just as it finish the bit , wot happened please?

Comment

Slated big time

Comment

Slated big time is quite compliment.

Comment

oooppppssss,

Comment

I think VXL should challenge TG to allow someone who knows how to the Vectra well and let them go around the circuit, and then see the time.

Comment

Well I can't see Stuart and Dougie being too happy with the review. Personally I think if J.C cannot say a good think about the Vectra (Let's face it he never has) I don't see why cars should be supplied to him for testing as the chances are the outcome will always be the same.

Comment

Also when I think about it, if you look at the footage on the VXR website which was taken at Dunsfold that car looked and handled a hell of a lot better.

Comment

Did anyone really expect the outcome from Top Gear to be any different?
                      Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
                      Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Wow, how do you Vectra owners cope with a car handling like that! Obviously I believe Clarksons completly unbiased review there and take note of everything he said...NOT!!!

I agree, come on VXL, challege TopGear and get Tom Chilton behind the wheel and show them how the car actually handles when the throttle pedal isn't buried in the engine bay!! Hey, even challege them to a race with the Stig driving the ST220! (Sorry for the naughty word!)

I've driven a Vectra round 3 laps at brands and it seemed pretty good. Driving an Astra I cannot believe the Vectra handles that badly. Utter rubbish review yet again. When does Tiff get the car?

Comment

veccy vxr done well i see !!!! corners like a dream !!! and really lightning quick around the track !! best i go to vxl and order one 2 moz

Comment

I think they need driving lessons....and what happens with the TC on and a little braking before corners?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by In a state
                              I think they need driving lessons....and what happens with the TC on and a little braking before corners?
                              Ah yeah, but that would have meant the Vectra would have performed the best and Ford would have lost sales. We can't have that!

Comment

Working...
                              X