This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max power output

Are Vauxhalls VXR max power/torque figures produced on unleaded or super unleaded. Is there a peak torque value @ rpm in this 262lb.ft @1800-4500rpm range.

see the web link in my profile, has a RR result ... this was optimax
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Cheers Andy. I'll try and put mine on RR this week and get a result for 95 unleaded plus the K&N panel filter to see if its making 250+bhp.

Comment

Mine had the paper one at the time ...

I now have the K&N filter and BP 102

Comment

On the rollers today (www.torquetronix.co.uk) [email protected] and 273lbft max. This was with K&N filter and 97unleaded. So better than expected. Left a copy of map so expect remap results soon.

Comment

It's interesting you should say this because I have noticed that the Astra is now frighteningly quick when compared to the perferomance when we collected it at 2,200 miles.

it now has 7,00 on the clock and I don't believe for one moment it is pushing out 240ps, but of course I can't confirm that as it has never been on the rollers.

The Vectra is noticeably quicker than when it first arrived (now done 9,000 miles). It definately likes super unleaded and it loved the warm air temperatures.

Comment

cool air = more power, hot air = less power

Also the harder you drive the ign is advanced and until knock(pre-ign), so up to that point more power is made

Higher the octane, more advanced the ignition can be

Comment

Originally posted by dave_taiho
                On the rollers today (www.torquetronix.co.uk) [email protected] and 273lbft max. This was with K&N filter and 97unleaded. So better than expected. Left a copy of map so expect remap results soon.

There have been a couple of cars with these torque figures , so it seems they are producing more than expected which is cool. If you do any further mods I would suggest you take it back to the same RR.

Comment

Mark,

you NEVER get the same results twice, temp is just one factor

Comment

Andy,

Know that but you need some common ground. My point is not going to two different RR. Ideally as much common figures as possible.

Comment

Another feature of the V6 is that if you can keep filling up with high octane fuel it will get adjusting the ignition timing to find the optimum. So over several tankfulls on the same octane fuel the power and torque will improve.

The downside is that if you slip a tank of 95 in it'll reset again .....

Stu

Comment

Working...
                      X