This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Vectra

I have finally decided to let the Vectra go and in 2 weeks time it will be replaced.

I had tried to hang on as long as possible but in the space of a few weeks the trade in value had dropped on average from £16/17K to £14K and indeed one dealer thought it was only worth £12K.

So before it fell any more I took it to Porsche in Swindon who were fascinated by the car. Indeed it became the centre of attention with 3 of the sales staff who have expressed a desire to drive it before it goes onto a Vauxhall dealer somewhere in the country.

Oddly Porsche who are notoriously tight with p/x's made the best bid.

I will certainly miss the car when it goes, the experience has been a good one

Porsche ... welcome to the club
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Catherine,

Did you buy the car brand new?

If so thats a shocking drop in value...

Good luck with the trade in/sell though.

Comment

Originally posted by Moschops
        Catherine,

Did you buy the car brand new?

If so thats a shocking drop in value...

Good luck with the trade in/sell though.
        It was brand new and I am very sad to say it is the "worst" car for depreciation I have ever bought.

I don't feel the car deserves to depreciate that much, I think it is a fantastic product. The depreciation up until 3 weeks ago was OK at circa £17K. Then it crashed, so I decided to jump before it went any further.

Comment

Good luck,

If you don't mind me asking, whats the spec/colour of your VXR?

Thanks

Comment

5 Door Hatch
            Black Metallic
            19" Wheels
            Electronic Climate

If you had been a little closer I would have taken you for a test run in it, so you see what they are like when run in.

Comment

Ha....thats a pity.

6 years ago, I used to live in Swindon and worked on Windmill Hill Business Park.

Comment

Working...
              X