This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny thing happens this morning...

Had to run the wife to work this morning and noticed the CDC, Engine Managment, Car with Spanner and Traction colour lights all stayed on.

So here's me thinking oh ****! Car's had it back to the dealer....anyhow...it's then I remembered I was measuring my airbox for an ITG filter when I releaised that I left the plug out for the air mass meter...plugged it in and...all the lights went out.

So the question is why did the CDC and Traction Control lights come? ECU can't work out the power it's expecting?

Discuss....
    sigpic

The throttle does do some funny things on the FBW. Like it can give you full throttle even if you only press down 3/4. Try opening it up but not fully and at about 5,000 rpm give it full and see if it makes any reall difference on acceleration. I find often it dosent.

Also the whole car is run on a CAN bus, like a network, (sure someone will correct me if I am totaly wrong here), so each unit may well be interconnected. The TC may be connected as it will alter the throttle position and then probably need to know the air flow.

Not sure about the CDC, but perhaps the links occur for the emergency braking assist, a sudden closing of the throttle, expecting a sudden application of the brake, just some idea.

I am confident the techie folks at VXL will be able to answer

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
      The throttle does do some funny things on the FBW. Like it can give you full throttle even if you only press down 3/4. Try opening it up but not fully and at about 5,000 rpm give it full and see if it makes any reall difference on acceleration. I find often it dosent.
      That is because there are 2 different maps, when you put the throttle to the floor it goes into a throttle open wide map and basically fires through the fuel, but if you use it properly it stays with the standard map which is faster than the tow map, so it`s quicker if you don`t floor it *lol*

Comment

Its very strange really, you get this lovely push with 3/4 and think I'll give it a bit more but there's no more to give. I 'd rather stick with the old POT and cable myself.

Also I would love to get rid of the throttle sports setting on the throttle, its a right pain. Roll on some maps that may do this.

Comment

I have felt some funny "surges" when pushing hard in 5th and 6th, a bit disconserting given the speeds involved...you lift off a little and it surges...I guess this could be the TOW map dropping back to the standard map.

I also found with sport mode that when you lift off to change the revs hang for a little bit....gives a nice we blip from the exhausts....but makes its sound like you can't change gear...bring back the double d's!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X