This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil

What make/grade of oil should I use in oil and filter change.

The car comes with fully synthetic 5-30. Vauxhall make this as a long life oil. The filter is expensive though at approx £25, even under trade club (not sure if it does come under TC actually).

Amsoil is another good oil to use if you can get hold of it. Amsoil do make a racing oil of 10-40 for perhaps a circuit day.

I think Mobile One is just a tad too thin for me.

Comment

Buy Mobil 1 and be done with it.

Mark, you don't drink it
      2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Out of interest how much oil does the sump and filter require during an oil change?

thanks

Comment

Who says I don't, No Amsoil is much better and it reaches the parts other oils don't and remember in some peoples eyes I'm Miss daisy and getting old, eh Catherine.
          Tee hee , don't listen to him

Anyway on a serious note the engine takes 6 litres including filter, 1 litre from min to max on dip stick

Comment

Thanks Mark,

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
              Who says I don't, No Amsoil is much better and it reaches the parts other oils don't and remember in some peoples eyes I'm Miss daisy and getting old, eh Catherine.
              Tee hee , don't listen to him

Anyway on a serious note the engine takes 6 litres including filter, 1 litre from min to max on dip stick
              Your ageing like a fine wine Mark, rather than going mouldy like a ripe camenbert

Comment

Working...
              X