This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Consumption

Just a few final questions before I do or don't.

How many miles do you average on a full tank of fuel?

Also whats the best normal unleaded or Optimax or the BP version?

And what sort of driving is it, hard, fast country A/B roads or Motorway.

Many thanks

250/280 miles to a tank

An average of 24

Ran on 97 Ron and really liked it.

Comment

Thanks Catherine. Hows the Porker going?

Anyone else?

Comment

Getting about 27mpg at the mo...pretty hard driving with plenty of town/fast A and motorway...that's over the last 3500 miles or so. 300 ish miles per tank.

I was using standard unleaded for a while but I think it was a false economy...Super (Any Super) brings the car alive...and worth the extra £2 or whatever a tank.
        sigpic

Comment

Well it all depends on how Miss Daisey I am feeling. On the motorway 60ish 42mpg, 70ish 38mpg, spirited country lane/motorway 28mpg, country lane hard driving 23mpg.

Comment

My average is 27mpg, get roughly around 300 to a tank on a good day, however it is a lot better on motorways, town driving and fast A/B roads really hammers the consumption. However you will find that as the miles go on the consumption will get better, for teh 1st 1,000miles or so mines was very very poor on fuel, but once it had those first few miles it really did improve, with the V6 being a low stress engine they do take a good few miles to bed themselves in would imagine a VXR with 20k or so on the clock would get better consumption than most cars on here as most are still low mileage. I ran mines on Optimax but normal unleaded never really made any differance when it was used.

Comment

Many thanks once again for your input, much appreciated.

Not too bad, but as good as my current Vectra though, But I guess you can't have it all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moschops
                Thanks Catherine. Hows the Porker going?

Anyone else?
                It's very good, oddly the fuel consumption is very good. Which makes me think that there was something not right with the Vectra.

Comment

Working...
                X