This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake upgrade

Guys looking at getting a wilwood caliper kit made to fit the standard discs same as these minus the discs obviously
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/110683777236?r...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

anyone interested trying to get a rough price now and group buy might also be an option.
    the one thing maybe holding it back is fitment would he be able to sell it to other non vec vxr owners ,saabs zaffy astra etc or would other mounting brakets be needed.
    Also put a similar thread in general chat to ask about fitment
    Last edited by vxrossco; 31 May 2011, 04:45 PM.

Isnt Hapsdoggen selling his 8-Pot brake kit

K-Sport 8 piston big brake 356mm disc and upgraded to PFC01 pads

Take a look here

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ling-my-vectra

Comment

cheers steve but i was thinking of something to benefit everyone

Comment

Originally posted by vxrossco View Post
        cheers steve but i was thinking of something to benefit everyone
        Updated the link for you as it was broken

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          Updated the link for you as it was broken
          cheers for that on my phone so wasnt sure if would work at least everyone will know what im on about now

Comment

just an update a rough price is £540 for calipers ,hoses ,yellow stuff pads and brackets and we'd use our existing discs to save cash also price will come down depending on numbers if there is enough interest for a group buy

Comment

Who would be making the kit? There is a similar one for the astra but it was a bit more expensive for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by BIG J View Post
                Who would be making the kit? There is a similar one for the astra but it was a bit more expensive for some reason
                Guy on ebay called db_power also has a website might be slightly different caliper to the astra one or just a great deal!

Comment

If anyone goes for these and wants to part with their VXR calipers gimme a pm as I'm desperate for a set at a reasonable price

Comment

guys made a mistake its actually a 4 pot caliper kit but i have asked if 6 is possible but price would be about £180 more. although Jonesy reckons a 4 pot will still be a good improvement over standard

the 4 and 6 pots have same size pads and housing and the extra 2 pistons are smaller so really wont be much between the two calipers except price
                    Last edited by vxrossco; 31 May 2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

here is a link to the 4 pots
                      http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/Cali...ite%20Internal
                      it actually has quite a large piston and pad area compared to most of the 6 pots available so will give good braking force.

Comment

I would be interested depending on price but wilwoods aren't the best out there so would need to be a good price.

Comment

£540ish at the mo but if there is interest price will be better.

Comment

Would astra's be included? That is a nice bit cheaper than the previous astra set

Comment

i can ask but as the mounts are different and you'd have to choose size wise stick with standard or go to 345 where you'd have to buy discs too might be more awkward and pricey. which brings me nicely to a small stumbling point to get the kit to fit correctly he normally works from a vehicle hub and disc anyone got spares?

Comment

Working...
                              X