Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would I regret trading in my Insignia VXR for a Vectra VXR?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would I regret trading in my Insignia VXR for a Vectra VXR?

As per title.
    Would it be all that bad or would I enjoy it?

tough one, i am a vectra vxr owner so i would have to say you would enjoy it, i have driven 3 hired Insignia's (petrol, diesel and estate - not vxr) and didnt like any of them to drive (these were before i bought the vectra, so not biased) sure the isignia vxr is great to drive. dont do anthing rash and see if you can get a drive off one of the members.
    sigpic

Comment

If you bought the Insignia new then I think you would regret it given the depreciation. How about a VXR8 instead
      sigpic
      Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Originally posted by xtrem3x View Post
        As per title.
        Would it be all that bad or would I enjoy it?
        Well it all depends why you are getting rid of the Insignia VXR?

The Vectra VXR is ok, but it will look dated against the Insignia VXR. That being said I really like mine and the engine is pretty much the same.

You wont get the grip from the wheels you expect if you floor it, so will have to adapt your driving style to suit front wheel drive

Comment

depends on why you want too? what did you have before the insignia?

Comment

Before the Insignia I had a 51 plate 1.7 Astra.
            Reason to trade (if I do) is because my misses has been made redundant so money is a bit tight.
            I paid £21,000 for it in October, ex demonstrator.

I have been offered £17k trade in against a Vectra VXR costing £8k.
            Then I would pay off approx £6k of a loan and 2 credit cards meaning £3k left over in the bank & £200pm less in monthly commitments.

Need to know if it's worth it or if I'll hate the indicator sticks & dated look compared to what I drive now.
            I think the power and the remap it would get would still be great fun though

Comment

Originally posted by xtrem3x View Post
              Before the Insignia I had a 51 plate 1.7 Astra.
              Reason to trade (if I do) is because my misses has been made redundant so money is a bit tight.
              I paid £21,000 for it in October, ex demonstrator.

I have been offered £17k trade in against a Vectra VXR costing £8k.
              Then I would pay off approx £6k of a loan and 2 credit cards meaning £3k left over in the bank & £200pm less in monthly commitments.

Need to know if it's worth it or if I'll hate the indicator sticks & dated look compared to what I drive now.
              I think the power and the remap it would get would still be great fun though
              If needs must mate you would still have a nice car, Vectra stage 1 is a beast and lot lighter than Insignia. Interior will feel a bit dated because you have owned an Insignia, but Vectra still a lovely car and a lot of power for the money.

I've just got a SRI and do really like the car but my Vectra is a beast and still makes me smile after 3 years.

regards Brian

Comment

I agree, dated but just as fun with a stage 1 map, like you say, your also get 200 PCM and clear some debt

Or you could keep it, struggle in 6 mths time and may even lose the car full stop, or rob Peter to pay Paul, which ain't a nice feeling as I been there, done that

I no what I would do.................

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Well I downsized about a year ago and bought a Fiat 500 Sport*

Good things are that it does 60 mpg, costs £30 a year road tax and £300 for a set of FOUR tyres. Insurance group 4

The Vectra VXR stays in the garage now like a sleeping bear. I wake it up every now and then and get my road tax worth

Wash and polish it, then stick it away again to sleep it off...

As I've already done my yearly quota in milage its been SORN for the next few months. Done 35,000 miles in it plus just done a Total Vauxhall feature and its going to be a nice trophy car.

* Ahem, well they say 'sport' from a 1.2 engine with 69 BHP total. ha ha ha... sport... ha ha ha
                  Last edited by spoons; 1 June 2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I think you have already really decided - and are just looking to others for some reassurance.

Thats no bad thing mate - it doesn't hurt to get another opinion or two. For my money, you would be doing a sensible thing in terms of clearing a £6K dept, and putting some cash back into your bank. However, if you were being REALLY sensible you could get something much more economical and cheaper to tax/insure than a Veccy. I understand why you want another VXR - but in today's financial climate I don't think buying another thirsty V6 is a risk-free move.

I moved my Veccy VXR on for an Audi A4 oil-burner. I am saving at least £100 per month going to work, and will save more come insurance/tax time. When all is said and done in normal daily driving performance is very rarely used (unless you don't care about your licence)

Just think about it buddy - that's all I'm saying.

Having said all that - I am also getting rid of the Insignia for another Focus RS within the next few weeks. The main reason is that I really don't rate the Insignia after living with it for 4 months. I have mentioned on this forum before, that in my honest opinion, I preferred driving our Veccy VXR. Even now, when I get back into the Insignia on a weekend (baring in mind I drive a sedate 115bhp Audi during the week) I am still non-impressed by the performance of the Insignia.

I thought the Veccy VXR was a better car.
                    Last edited by thehulkster699; 4 June 2011, 08:21 AM.
                    Focus RS - Blue + Octavia VRS Blackline (Special Edition) - White

Comment

wouldnt you consider an astra vxr! pick them up quite cheap now too!

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                        wouldnt you consider an astra vxr! pick them up quite cheap now too!
                        He wants a proper car lol, that's why he choosing the vectra lol

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Comment

Sounds like it's the right thing to do to me if you're in uncertain times.

The Vectra VXR is still a nice place to be, map it and away to go, I like the rare factor of them personally, 1 step backwards, 2 steps forward.

Although they don't go around corners and have exhausts that look like wheelbarrow handles
                          Had 3 x Vectra VXR's, now 335d M Sport Xdrive and LCI E60 550i

Comment

they go round corners with the right suspension
                            sigpic

Comment

You can have an LSD fitted for approx £1k though I see?

Comment

Working...
                              X