This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subwoofer

i have the cd70 sat nav fitted as standard in my veccy vxr, is it possible to install a subwoofer to this system as i dont want to loose the sat nav

You require a speaker to rca convertor as the oem stereo does not have rca output.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=...All-Categories

Comment

thanks mate, does it just wire directly in to the wires that go to a speaker? and will i loose that speaker or will it still work as usuall?

Comment

It would yes. You could also keep an eye out for amps that accept speaker/high level inputs. Seems to be becoming the norm now, especially with OEM head units getting better.
        sigpic
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway...
        Microsoft isn't the answer, it's the question. "NO!" Is the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by afcbadam View Post
          i have the cd70 sat nav fitted as standard in my veccy vxr, is it possible to install a subwoofer to this system as i dont want to loose the sat nav
          I used to have a Veccie 3.0 V6 with the cd70 and sat nav unit, I installed a 12 inch Kenwood sub in the boot with a mono amp and never had any issues with it. If you don't want to do it yourself, any decent installer will be able to sort it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
            You require a speaker to rca convertor as the oem stereo does not have rca output.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=...All-Categories
            If you had a pound for every time you sent the link for these lol. great advice thou dude. thanks

Comment

thanks guys so let me get this correct...

i need a live and earth in to the amp and this adaptor to be connected a speaker wire connected to the amp and nothing else??? apart from the subwoofer obviously

Comment

ok guys, ive just talked to my mate about this he said... i need to find the wires behind the head unit that run to the 2 rear speakers and connect them in to the rca converter???

he also said in doing this i would loose the 2 rear speakers??

can i connect in to the 2 rear tweaters instead and keep my 2 rear speakers??

Comment

ok guys, ive just talked to my mate about this he said... i need to find the wires behind the head unit that run to the 2 rear speakers and connect them in to the rca converter???

he also said in doing this i would loose the 2 rear speakers??

can i connect in to the 2 rear tweaters instead and keep my 2 rear speakers??
                  Hi bud i had a sub in my astra and vec using the standard head unit with high out to rca converter and i never lost the rear speakers i just used scotch locks to secure converter wires to the head unit wires and never had any problem

Comment

so i just find the wires to the rear speakers and simple "tee" wires off them and run them to the rca converter?

if the above is correct the next question will be.... what colours are the rear speaker wires in a 07 vxr?

Comment

so i just find the wires to the rear speakers and simple "tee" wires off them and run them to the rca converter?

if the above is correct the next question will be.... what colours are the rear speaker wires in a 07 vxr?
                      yeh thats all you need to do bud. i cant remeber the colours and as dont have car now cant even look to tell you lol but when you tate out the head unit there should be a wiring diagrame on the back of it. i'm sure it is the top 2wires and bottom 2 as you look at the plug but dont quote me on that

Comment

thank you very much for your help mate

Comment

thank you very much for your help mate
                          No problem bud glad could help

keep us posted how you get on.

Comment

im just ordering the things to do this, what rca converter will i need, the one with adjustments on? or without, is there any benifit from having one over the other?

Comment

im just ordering the things to do this, what rca converter will i need, the one with adjustments on? or without, is there any benifit from having one over the other?
                              TO be honest mate wont really matter what one you get but i had the one with adjustments but would say get onr that olso has an earth wire as that will help reduce chance of interferance.

Comment

Working...
                              X