This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coilovers

Well I had my KW V2 coilovers fitted and completely setup today, after 10 long hours they were finally perfect
    A massive thanks goes to extreme motorsport for being very competent and professional in setting these up,
    I wanted low but with zero rubbing and after many hours of tweaking, resetting, aligning etc they were ready to tear up the streets once again

Iv not had the chance to try them in any spirited driving as yet, as I can't begin to tell you just how different it is to drive, everything is tight, wheels stay straight and true under breaking and it goes round corners like its on rails ( cliche I know) but wow its true

I'm very excited to try them in more circumstances over the coming weeks, but I thought I would give you ky first experience of them and Il review over the coming days
    sigpic

lol.... Stew, where are the PICS

Comment

Only got a couple quick crap ones mate

sigpic

Comment

Yum Yum, looking almost better than mine

Comment

.... actually, its looking very very good.

A beast that means business

Its sitting about the same as mine is now...
          spoons
          Stig.. I am your father
          Last edited by spoons; 9 June 2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Il get better pics once its cleaned, was too late in the day to do anything about it, besides I need my revo's to arrive first lol
            sigpic

Comment

Looking good stew
              Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

Quick front straight on pic

Rear

Sorry but iv only got my phone at work lol
                sigpic

Comment

If you don't mind me asking how much has that little lot stung you? Coil overes and 10 hours of set up?

Thing is I don't know if it's in my head but mine is just starting to feel more and more "loose" as time goes by. It used to feel so taught, tight etc..
                  Kentec inside

Comment

That transit needs coilovers lol

Looking good mate the height looks wicked
                    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Coilovers cost me *ahem* £380 delivered and setup was a further £280 but imo well worth it
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Old man Jimbo View Post
                        If you don't mind me asking how much has that little lot stung you? Coil overes and 10 hours of set up?

Thing is I don't know if it's in my head but mine is just starting to feel more and more "loose" as time goes by. It used to feel so taught, tight etc..
                        Jimbo, mine was exactly the same.

I changed the dampers & springs to KW Variant 2 coilovers (like stewarts)

I changed my front droplinks for new ones.

I changed my rear anti-roll bar bushes

Its all feeling tighter again now. But its basically the suspension components that are wearing. Replace them and it'll feel tight and like new again

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                          Coilovers cost me *ahem* £380 delivered and setup was a further £280 but imo well worth it
                          Bargain.

Are those coilovers brand new off the back of a lorry then Stewart for that price, or second hand?

Normally KW Variant 2 INOX Coilovers are £1200 new + Fitting

Comment

Originally posted by MAF VXR View Post
                            Looking good stew
                            cheers bud, this is just the start lol, got lots going on
                            Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
                            That transit needs coilovers lol

Looking good mate the height looks wicked
                            Yea that was the best setup that can be done without running etc mate, its an evo/subaru tuner/race team that done it so they know there stuff, I don't mind paying for it when its done properly
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                              Bargain.

Are those coilovers brand new off the back of a lorry then Stewart for that price, or second hand?

Normally KW Variant 2 INOX Coilovers are £1200 new + Fitting
                              6 months old mate, I struck a deal and they were happy, I was happy so everyone's a winner I knew before I bought them that there 100% serviceable so it didn't bother me if anything was slightly wrong, I could easily get it fixed, thankfully they were spot on,
                              Is that 1200 fitted then need setup buddy?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X