Morning all,

We've got a few cars now running different suspension setups

- Standard IDS with Standard Vauxhall Springs
    - Standard IDS with Eibach Springs
    - Standard IDS with DAP-R Springs
    - KW Variant 1 Coilovers
    - KW Variant 2 Coilovers
    - others with a mixture of above

.... and I wanted to ask if you would measure your cars ride height and maybe a picture of your setup.

The measurement should be taken in mm, front and rear from the centre of the wheel to the wheel arch, making sure you are on flat ground and your measurement is vertical.

So...

Front Nearside = ?? mm
    Front Offside = ?? mm
    Rear Nearside = ?? mm
    Rear Offside = ?? mm

Suspension = ?? (can you also include roughly how long the suspension has been on the car and how many miles its done)

spoons
    Stig.. I am your father
    Last edited by spoons; 14 June 2011, 09:37 AM.

Ok Here is the collected summary results from this thread:-

Vectra VXR Hatchback

Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (376mm) - Rear (346mm) - Measurements taken from Jonesy84 car
    Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (365mm) - Rear (345mm) - Measurements taken from Peterjamesclark car

Eibach Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (355mm) - Rear (340mm) - Measurements taken from Les Brown car
    Eibach Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (338mm) - Rear (347mm) - Measurements taken from Jubble car

DAP Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (346mm) - Rear (315mm) - Measurements taken from Nobby car

KW Varient 2 INOX Coilovers = Front (325mm) - Rear (325mm) - (Fast Road) Measurements taken from Spoons car
    KW Varient 2 INOX Coilovers = Front (315mm) - Rear (315mm) - (Fast Track) Measurements taken from VXR-bandit car

Vectra VXR Estate

Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (370mm) - Rear (365mm) - Measurements taken from xvrossco car
    Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (370mm) - Rear (365mm) - Measurements taken from Old man Jimbo
    Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (370mm) - Rear (365mm) - Measurements taken from VectraTurbo (OPC)
    Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (366mm) - Rear (361mm) - Measurements taken from xentoo car
    Standard Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (370mm) - Rear (365mm) - Measurements taken from M-Holm car

KW Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (360mm) - Rear (360mm) - Measurements taken from vxrossco car

H&R Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (330mm) - Rear (330mm) - Measurements taken from MortenC car
    H&R Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (336mm) - Rear (336mm) - Measurements taken from xentoo car

DAP R Springs, Standard Dampers = Front (340mm) - Rear (360mm) - Measurements taken from In a State car
    spoons
    Stig.. I am your father
    Last edited by spoons; 4 January 2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

No haha, get them done properly I had to pay lol

Only joking Il get them at lunch
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
        No haha, get them done properly I had to pay lol

Only joking Il get them at lunch
        lol and ouch to Courtenay Sport

I want to compare standard IDS with other spring heights as well, so please post your figures
        spoons
        Stig.. I am your father
        Last edited by spoons; 14 June 2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Not ouch to courts, they just fitted them lol
          sigpic

Comment

out of curiosity Steve why do you need to know heights

Comment

Originally posted by vxrossco View Post
              out of curiosity Steve why do you need to know heights
              Well I dont 'need' to know, but I am curious about the information, and to assist other members searching suspension modifications.

I dont know of any other thread that actually documents ride heights with all the different suspension spring options we have.

Thats all really.

Comment

Need to pull my finger out and get the Vectra section done on our site. Got quite a few different options for them just not listed!

Comment

I think I get it so if someone is say looking at daps or eibachs you can say what the actual height is compared to the manfacturers listed height

Comment

I think I get it so if someone is say looking at daps or eibachs you can say what the actual height is compared to the manfacturers listed height
                    Exactly.

So with my figures above, you can get a tape measure, go from the centre of the wheel and 325mm up, thats where my arch starts. So you can compare etc.

It might assist people better when trying to decide how they want their cars to look and which spring setup to buy. ... and the figures are real from the actual cars
                    spoons
                    Stig.. I am your father
                    Last edited by spoons; 14 June 2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

nope its so I put mine up and he knows roughly where his should be don't remember getting my starting point from Steve tho
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                        nope its so I put mine up and he knows roughly where his should be don't remember getting my starting point from Steve tho
                        lol... I never realised you owned a top secret race car Stew

But I'm sure your race crew didnt spend all their 10 hours just setting the height and I'm sure there are plenty of other secrets you can keep ha ha

Comment

Fronts = 315mm
                          Rears = 315mm

KW V2's, fast road setup

sigpic

Comment

Oh and a bird poo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                              lol... I never realised you owned a top secret race car Stew

But I'm sure your race crew didnt spend all their 10 hours just setting the height and I'm sure there are plenty of other secrets you can keep ha ha
                              you wouldn't know I own a top secret race car, its a secret and no they didn't spend 10hrs setting up the height, they spent it fitting, setting, adjusting, and geo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X