This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Vectra VXR 280PS

Ok we've all heard the rumours that the 2007 vectra's power will be up'd to 280ps on the same engine.

I spoke to my dealer this morning and they seem to be aware of the whole thing.

What I want to know is if 2006MY owners are going to be offered a remapped ecu? Since there are only a few of us afterall this shouldn't be more that a quick visit to our dealers...

Stu, any more information on this?
    sigpic

What ever the outcome of your request there is more to the remap than simply getting the dealer to update the ECU. As per Stuarts note of the 19 June it requires some alterations to the airbox.

Comment

Well thanks a lot Vauxhall thats helped my depreciation worries greatly. I now have the limited edition 255ps model.

Comment

Vectra OPC in Germany has this engine already. Started selling from July.
        http://www.opel.de/shop/cars/opc/product/engine/content.act;jsessionid=GyxmpsV2X1sMktTLyywQTfHr5My YNqGqgp76QTXVkLxTzJK5kLQP!-675273504!-313335618?model=0JO68&.act

Comment

Originally posted by stasmagic
          http://www.opel.de/shop/cars/opc/product/engine/content.act;jsessionid=GyxmpsV2X1sMktTLyywQTfHr5My YNqGqgp76QTXVkLxTzJK5kLQP!-675273504!-313335618?model=0JO68&.act
          I can see that is showing the 280ps model, but there appears to be no change in the NM of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
            Originally posted by stasmagic
            I can see that is showing the 280ps model, but there appears to be no change in the NM of torque.
            I dont think there is much increase in max torque, its more of a power hick for the engine. Having driven the remap version the torque is more widerspread throughout the rev range.

Give the guys at VXL a chance to reply after all it is the weekend and bank hols, sure they will.

Comment

Actually its just tiny chip tun. They kept max torque the same 355Nm. Just increased 0-60 to 6.3. For Europe this engine called Z28NET (Performance pack). I am waiting the confirmation of order till next monday from Germany on such car.

Comment

The UK engines are already Z28NET but also require at least the airbox mod to allow the full 280. If opel have been selling the 280 since July then I suspect they have the modications already over the UK cars already.
                (Check back to the 19/6/2006 for Stuarts note).

Well I suppose those in the real know will let us know.

Comment

Well the announcement won't happen officially until Paris show. Any 07MY car will be built to the new spec and they don't start production until mid Sept.
                  The upgrade is retrofittable (real word) and I'll let you know costs etc...

We've a meeting next week to discuss the warranty on upgrading the current car ( ie maybe only gets the balance of manufacturers warranty). The actual engine changes are ECU upgrade and new airbox.

More later

Stu

Comment

Thanks Stu, more than happy to test

Also about to buy some Michelin Pilot Sport 2's assume good for the VXR ?
                    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Best get my order placed then....

Also about to buy some Michelin Pilot Sport 2's assume good for the VXR ?

Most of my mates who have Golf R32's rate the PS2's...

Comment

Ive always had a good experience with PS2's. The Porsche has been delivered with Conti's and I can't wait for it to wear them out.

Comment

I rate the Toyo's more but you do suffer with tyre wear above the norm I think. Cheaper than the Conti's and Mich's

Comment

More understeer

Comment

Stu,

Why would warranty be an issue? It's a Vauxhall retrofit after all, to a car of exactly the same spec, as our 2006MY.

I must say after almost spending £30k on well spec’d car only to find 3 months later (after a long delivery time), that the same car with a "version 1.01" software update is now standard, I'd expect at least a free upgrade and the reminder of the warranty to remain in force, purely as a good will gesture. Something to be added to the first service to-do list maybe, as a standard customer satisfaction notice?

I'm sure all the other Vectra owners would concur...I mean in the scheme of things we're only talking a handful of owners who know/care about these kind of things...and we've probably the ones who have driven and will continue to buy Vauxhall's all our lives, like myself.

Surely that's the least we could expect?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X