This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra VXR Power Chart - Members Cars

Just wanted to make a list of our cars power results.

We've all got a mixed bag of modifications, and new owners always ask which map or what modifications to do.

So, can you add your power and mods like I've done below.
    spoons
    Stig.. I am your father
    Last edited by spoons; 21 June 2011, 09:46 AM.

328.6 BHP & 432 Lb/ft torque - Spoons

Courtenay Sport Stage II mapping, Insignia Turbo, K&N Panel Filter, 3" decat Downpipe, decat exhaust, larger water radiator, regapped spark plugs
    spoons
    Stig.. I am your father
    Last edited by spoons; 21 June 2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

not been dyno'd but whilst we are on the subject of power there is a nice quote here about half way down page 3
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...owerful+vectra

Comment

Originally posted by vxrossco View Post
        not been dyno'd but whilst we are on the subject of power there is a nice quote here about half way down page 3
        www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?50352-UK-s-most-powerful-VXR-vectra/page3&highlight=powerful+vectra
        Yeah.... well....., times change dont they and devil makes work of idle hands

Nothing wrong with 330 BHP except 380 BHP would be better
        spoons
        Stig.. I am your father
        Last edited by spoons; 21 June 2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

280 bhp
          milltek
          fmic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
            280 bhp
            milltek
            fmic
            you back to standard then Stew

Comment

Indeed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                Indeed
                lol, not exactly 'standard'

Is the plan to put the engine back to standard, then get it settled... and then start tuning it again?

Comment

Originally posted by spoons View Post
                  lol, not exactly 'standard'

Is the plan to put the engine back to standard, then get it settled... and then start tuning it again?
                  it is Steve,I'm getting it running in standard to remove any niggles and set it up properly for tuning, the thing I should have done in the first place
                  sigpic

Comment

keep toying with the idea myself pretty sure its the map throwing up my overboost code constantly

Comment

Well some feedback, although I havent done a massive amount of miles, the Courtenay Sport Stage II setup I've got is working well.

No dash lights, no boost problems, no mapping problems, or anything else.

The only issue I had the other week was a load of steam pouring through my bonnet vents. Turns out one of the butterfly clips wasnt secured tightly (pipe from the turbo to the radiator) and water leaked onto my turbo heat casing when it was hot. All sorted now though.

Comment

Good idea Steve

I will soon be getting mine dyno tested at regal. I have had her service done and I'm finally getting my new Ngk race plugs put in on the weekend. so hopefully I will get down to regal in a week or so.

The only problem i have had with her is some times If I get on the power to overtake but have to back off and then get back on the power! As I go out to overtake there is no power there at all until I come off the throttle again! But that hasn't put the eml on.

What does put the eml on though is if I max out 4th gear, I know it's pointless doing that. But I was curious to see what it would do in 4th.
                        When it went out I did it again and the light once again came on! Only happens in 4th gear though.

Maybe map related I think. i will have the code read this weekend and if it's some thing to fix I will get it changed before rolling her. Also get regal to take a look at it and see what they can find. Might help using the rollers.
                        It aint about how hard you hit............ its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

Comment

Originally posted by T598 Dave View Post
                          ....is if I max out 4th gear
                          lol... I wont ask what speed that is.... ermm.. go on then, what speed is it

Comment

4th gear is what the car gets dynod in, it produce the most power with the closest ratio in the gearbox, this may be why it threw a wobbly, you will notice these lights after a dyno run too
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmm I thought it may have been. So hopefully regal will know why it's coming on. I guess it's not normal? It's 150 steve lol
                              It aint about how hard you hit............ its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward!

Comment

Working...
                              X