This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!....my alarm siren won't turn off

As per title, parked the car up this morning at work and about an hour later the alarm went off. Thought it was a bit strange as the doors were all closed, windows up and the car was locked.

Went in to get the keys to unlock and hence silence the siren and horn (suprised that this was going off as it never used to on my old vec c, just the siren). when i pressed the unlock button on the fob the horn stopped going off, the car opened, but the siren continued to go off......and is still doing so over an hour later.

I've disconnected the battery, siren is still going off due to its own backup battery, but i'm hoping that when that dies and i reconnect the battery everything will be fine again.

for the past few days i've been having the Safegaurd check warning message come up every time i start the car, but haven't got round to asking why it's coming up. It shows the symbol of the little man running away from a siren, same one as on the button next to headunit.

so I'm wondering whether these two things are related.

anyone know how i can disable the siren temporarily?

all sorted, kind of.

swapped out the siren and it's working as it should be, looks like the siren just decided to pack up

i'm still getting the safeguard check message when i start the car though, which is a bit odd. will need to get it on a tech2 when i get a chance

Comment

Have you got an estate?
      Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

nope...it's a hatch

something still isn't right.

because whenever i lock the car, ten seconds later the horn will start going off, without the siren. only way i can stop is to leave the car unlocked.

Comment

I reckon your internal sensors are faulty try pressing the button on the dash that turns off the internal monitoring the next time you turn off the car and about to get out and see if the alarm still goes off.

Comment

How did you get on with this did my last post stop the alarm going off?

Comment

Sounds like cambo has similar issues??

I don't know if this is the case in the vec but the wife's s-max has a fuse for the battery back-up to the alarm sounder - so taking the fuse out stops the alarm....?
              Hoovering up the road

2007 VXR8

Walkinshaw Performance Power Pack, Headers and Supersport Cats. Ebay Antenna.

Comment

No no I think I know what the problem is though, that's why I asked if it still happens with the internal monitoring switched off lol. But no answer.

Comment

Basicly if the alarm still keeps going off even after turning off the internal sensors then its propably the internal sensors next to the interior light/sunglass holder thats faulty.

Comment

i swapped out the interior sensors and it seemed to be working fine. however, i've had two instances over the past three days when the alarm will go off - just the horn though, not the siren. luckily both times have been during the day at work and not at night.....the horn is bl00dy loud!

the safeguard message still comes on every time i start the car.

bit bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by vaxer View Post
                      so taking the fuse out stops the alarm....?
                      i physically had the siren removed from the car in my hand and the thing was still going off. in the car they sound fairly tame, but out of the car they are ridiculously loud.

it took about 8 hours for it's internal battery to drain! : )

Comment

Originally posted by Harry1982 View Post
                        i physically had the siren removed from the car in my hand and the thing was still going off. in the car they sound fairly tame, but out of the car they are ridiculously loud.

it took about 8 hours for it's internal battery to drain! : )
                        ah life is sometimes too good!
                        sigpic

Comment

maybe you have a mouse?
                          Hoovering up the road

2007 VXR8

Walkinshaw Performance Power Pack, Headers and Supersport Cats. Ebay Antenna.

Comment

The alarm kept going off every time I locked my Astra VXR, turned out the fuse had gone, replaced and it's been fine since.
                            Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Working...
                            X