Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sport utton not working after VX engine software opdate.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport utton not working after VX engine software opdate.

Hi...

I have got the latest engine software for my 06 vxr 255. I have it put in by VX/Opel 1 week ago. And then my sport button stopped working.. It is not engaging any of the 3 things. No warninglight is showing.
    I then thought that the button had stopped working and it just was a coincidence that it happened at the same time.
    So I rang VX/Opel to tell them about it. We agreed to try a new button first and if is not was the button they would take it back.
    Just tried the new button and there is no difference...

The VX/Opel dealer is very friendly and want to solve this problem for me.. So no problem there. They are not running away from it.

Somebody knows if the is a seperat software for the sport-button (I think I have read that somewhere on the net) or what could course it.

Any help will be nice..

Thanks
    Hummelshøj
    VXRed blooded
    Last edited by Hummelshøj; 8 July 2011, 05:42 PM. Reason: a letter missing

Originally posted by Hummelshّj View Post
    Hi...

I have got the latest engine software for my 06 vxr 255. I have it put in by VX/Opel 1 week ago. And then my sport button stopped working.. It is not engaging any of the 3 things. No warninglight is showing.
    I then thought that the button had stopped working and it just was a coincidence that it happened at the same time.
    So I rang VX/Opel to tell them about it. We agreed to try a new button first and if is not was the button they would take it back.
    Just tried the new button and there is no difference...

The VX/Opel dealer is very friendly and want to solve this problem for me.. So no problem there. They are not running away from it.

Somebody knows if the is a seperat software for the sport-button (I think I have read that somewhere on the net) or what could course it.

Any help will be nice..

Thanks

Firstly why did you want new software, what were you expecting ??

Go back and ask them to reload it again using TIS/SPS and check with Tech2
    sigpic

Comment

Mines is a 2006 and has never has engine software updates. I ask the dealer if there were any new sofware which they said there was..

My worries was that another VXR/OPC owner here in Denmark had his car on the RR and it read out 225bhp.. After the dealer had check for any engine faults and split hoses (which there wasen´t) They updated the ECU software and he gained the missing 30bhp.

I have suspected that mine also didn´t have the promised bhp.. So therefore I had it updated and the engine drives more smooth and gets to work temperatur faster (like it said on the ecu software when VX/Opel loaded it in the ECU.)

Comment

Software updates are supposed to be done during a vauxhall spec service, there's a good chance your car has had a software update(s) at some point.
        Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

Originally posted by Cambo1985 View Post
          Software updates are supposed to be done during a vauxhall spec service, there's a good chance your car has had a software update(s) at some point.
          Yes I know. But it is not VX who has done the service on it.. It´s a independent garage/workshop, but they have still done the work after VX specs... That´s why I don´t think it have ever had a software update..

Comment

It is now booked for a check with the Tech2 on Thursday...

Comment

Update for you !

I have spoken to someone in the know and all VXR Veccys are programmed at factory and NO software updates have ever been issues so I think whats happen is your dealership has c0cked up big style with possible a signum update ??

The only way forward for example would be complete replacement of one of your 3 ECUs from your vehicle, or ECU exchange with Opel, or a remap from EDS, Klassen or Supechips

Apparently this mistake happens fairly regularly... surprised really as I would of though the operator would fully check the engine codes before updating using SPS/TIS

hth
              sigpic

Comment

The Operator said there were only one update possible for my car when he put the computer on my car, he could not choose anyone else..... He told me that when it is programmed from factory, the ecu only can take the updates regarding the factory programmed engine code.
                Hummelshøj
                VXRed blooded
                Last edited by Hummelshøj; 12 July 2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

The Operator said there were only one update possible for my car when he put the computer on my car, he could not choose anyone.....
                  There are NO updates at all AFAIK !!!

They have made a mistake
                  sigpic

Comment

Variant programming of ECM is wrong.
                    sigpic
                    SMD conversions, cruise control, speed dependent locking/anti-hijack, check control programming, diagnostics, software updates - based in West Yorkshire
                    Radios and displays decoded/divorced without the code
                    Genuine Vetronix Tech2 with SPS and ******** used - no Chinese clone stuff here

Comment

I bought one of those ***** on ebay..

When I plug it in is saids that engine code is Z28NEL and not Z28NET like my car is..

I have checked the nr. on the ECU and it is a ecu for VXR255.

Comment

I just dropped the car of at the dealers... I´m excited to hear what the conclusion is for the non working Sport-button.

I´ll post again when I know more...

Comment

I bought one of those ***** on ebay..

When I plug it in is saids that engine code is Z28NEL and not Z28NET like my car is..

I have checked the nr. on the ECU and it is a ecu for VXR255.

Thats probably because they initially loaded a software update for another car !!!

This confirms it doesnt it ??

I just dropped the car of at the dealers... I´m excited to hear what the conclusion is for the non working Sport-button.

I´ll post again when I know more...
                          Did you not read my previous POST ???

I think the garage have made a huge mistake and you only have 3 options as far as I know..............
                          R15VXR
                          VXR Nothing comes close
                          Last edited by R15VXR; 14 July 2011, 11:14 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes I have read your post and also told it to the dealer... But the dealer has to check it before we go on with new ECU or else on their expense.
                            Whether you are right or not the dealer wan´t to be sure before givning me anything for free.
                            Are you a mechanic from VX??

Regard. it showing Z28NEL on the *****. I can see on the net that I am not the only one and it has come down to the ***** being incorrect.

Comment

Yes I have read your post and also told it to the dealer... But the dealer has to check it before we go on with new ECU or else on their expense.
                              Whether you are right or not the dealer wan´t to be sure before givning me anything for free.
                              Are you a mechanic from VX??

Regard. it showing Z28NEL on the *****. I can see on the net that I am not the only one and it has come down to the ***** being incorrect.

Well there are NO updates for your car at all , ever issued by VX, so the mistake has been made AFAIK

You dont need to go down the ECU route, you could for example buy an IPF from EDS in Germany and if you didnt want a power map you could install the std OE map from the EDS server - that I believe would resolve the issue in hand iirc
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X