X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempted with a used Blue Fin

Seen this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-bluef...item3a67e7bf0c

Is it worth it or should I wait and get TMS to do it instead? I thought you have to pay around £200 to get it reset? Like the idea of being able to remove the map if needed but would prefer to pay TMS £400 and get a 3 year warranty and rolling road proof.
    VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

Up to you but the price your paying you might aswell get TMS to do it for you and then it only come's on when you press the sports button i think but obviously when you sell then it would stay on. Have you not thought about a Dream-science hand held unit?

Nicky x

Comment

What BHP does this add to Vectra VXR 280bhp model & wot torque thank you(yes im new to this)

Comment

Not looked at a Dream science unit? any thoughts....

Apparently the bluefin is 300bhp/400llbs
        VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

Comment

dream science only done the astra
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
            dream science only done the astra
            My bad lol

Nicky x

Comment

Get a IPF

Click my sig for the group buy
              sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

The listing has a blatant lie in it, here it is: "This unit will need to be re-programmed by superchips them selves, i have just spoken to them and have been told its free of charge and can be done over the internet". Try £200 for a reset.

The guy is trying to pull a fast one £240 plus another £200 to get it reset you might aswell buy a brand new one.
                Used to have a Silver Lightning Vectra VXR 280, Currently in a Seat Leon FR TDI

Comment

i,ve got one as well mate may be selling as a friend is doing a open day with a live map company and will in clued 3 runs on rollers and they map each car individually so will be better than a blue fin also going to be about £150 all in.his mates just had a 1.6 peugteo done and gone from 160bhp to 215bhp.my blue fin is good but think this is a better as all cars are different so a live map is for each car.
                  sigpicCUSTOME EXHAUST,TOUCH SCREEN,SATNAV,REVERSE CAM DVD,TV,BLUETOOTH
                  ITG,SMD,STAGE 2 MAP,CUSTOME GRILL,TINT,S,H and R Springs,GEO,DE BADGE,PRO RACE 1.2 ALLOYS,VXR PEDALS.BOOST GAUGE,BLUE FOOT WELL LIGHTS. BONNET RAISE,BONNET VENTS,OMP Seats ,Caged,Weight Reduction,Hydro Dip,Inlarged Intake,Mod Air Box,Up Rated Disc,s and Pads.

Comment

This was my old bluefin I bought when I had the VXR, always been told u need to pay for reset/map per car!

Comment

yea you have to pay to reset even if you are the original owner and want to sell it on.
                      sigpicCUSTOME EXHAUST,TOUCH SCREEN,SATNAV,REVERSE CAM DVD,TV,BLUETOOTH
                      ITG,SMD,STAGE 2 MAP,CUSTOME GRILL,TINT,S,H and R Springs,GEO,DE BADGE,PRO RACE 1.2 ALLOYS,VXR PEDALS.BOOST GAUGE,BLUE FOOT WELL LIGHTS. BONNET RAISE,BONNET VENTS,OMP Seats ,Caged,Weight Reduction,Hydro Dip,Inlarged Intake,Mod Air Box,Up Rated Disc,s and Pads.

Comment

Had a feeling it was ********. Gonna take mine to tms in the next month or so. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                        X