This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living with a Vectra VXR

As title says what are these like to live with. Mate has been looking at one, so i said i would do some fishing and come back to him.

Its the 280bhp model he is looking at:

1) Is there anything he needs to watch out for
    2) Whats MPG like on the motorway
    3) Road tax for the 09 plate 280bhp model

and anything else you lads can think of.
    What we do in life....Echo's in Eternity

hi sean

1. tyre ware
    2. 30 mpg
    3. £445 !

tell your mate if he dosent mind paying the government for petrol tax and road tax then go for it, i absolutely love mine (280 bhp 09)
    Last edited by thereplicant; 14 July 2011, 04:19 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thereplicant View Post
      hi sean

1. tire ware
      2. 30 mpg
      3. £445 !

tell your mate if he dosent mind paying the government for petrol tax and road tax then go for it, i absolutely love mine (280 bhp 09)

30mpg - Yours must be the Diesel version then lol,

1. Focus RS's
      2. Dont buy 1 if your concerned about fuel ( unless its a weekend car )
      3. Dont buy one if you are concerned about road tax costs, you will just hate the car when you have to tax at the end of the year.

Comment

He's used to a Focus ST and its fuel use anyway so i explained to him that he prob wouldnt notice any difference in fuel...although the vectra may be a better motorway crusier than his current ST.

His ST puts out around 300bhp, so if anything he may save on fuel...but any savings will go on Road Tax to our friendly goverment.

I was telling him to stay with the ST, but end of the day its his hard earned.

Comment

Sounds like he is talking himself into buying one, I have had mine now for over 18 months and love everyday with it, had it up for sale recently but changed my mind, glad I did now, would give up the house before I gave up the car lol

Comment

LOL i am the same as you mate.

But its his money at the end of the day. Just said i would pull together some info for him. Best way to learn is from the people that actually have the car.

Comment

i just got average of 36mpg to manchester
              sigpic

Comment

36mpg!!!! How did you manage that. I drove from middlesbrough down to Peterborough at and average of 80mph but only managed 28mpg. Were you stuck behind a lorry at 56mph
                VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

Comment

nope, 70mph, cruise engaged and just cruised all the way, novus will confirm this
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                    nope, 70mph, cruise engaged and just cruised all the way, novus will confirm this
                    Gonna have to try that on my next long run, driving to Italy end of the month for a few weeks mrs wants me to take vxr for space as got the twins in tow! Unfortunately decided to take her boring focus diesel instead to save money. Although 36mpg has got me thinking....
                    VX History: MK3 Astra Sport, MK4 Astra 2.2 SRI, MK4 ASTRA GSI, VECTRA VXR, Astra GTC (oil burner)

Comment

Iirc Moeman had over 40mpg out of his
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-bandit View Post
                        Iirc Moeman had over 40mpg out of his
                        Must have been averaging 60mph. Cant get much over 40mpg in the focus!

Comment

40mpg is insane, even i would buy one at that rate lol

Comment

Over 7000 miles my average is 30mpg, probably selling mine in a few weeks if he wants a cheap tax one!

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

whats next dave?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X