Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome window strips.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chrome window strips.

    Hi Folks

    Sorry if this is an old topic but couldn't find it on search. Can anybody tell me if the chrome strips along the windows can be removed from the black plastic trim as want to wrap or paint them and would prefer to do it off the car.
    If they do pop off is there a technique in doing so.

    Cheers.

  • #2
    To my knowledge..........NO. I think you need to wrap or paint them on the car.

    Comment


    • #3
      The front and rear pop off by putting your finger underneath them and lifting them upwards, just make sure your windows are open as this helps. The 1/4 light windows don't come off as they are a complete glass unit.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Black Knight View Post
        The front and rear pop off by putting your finger underneath them and lifting them upwards, just make sure your windows are open as this helps. The 1/4 light windows don't come off as they are a complete glass unit.
        yes just lift the door ones off.
        the chrome dosent come away from the rubber but you can bend the vinyl into the crease of the rubber and trim.
        cut 1 inch strips if vinyl and it is pretty easy, just did mine.
        the 1/4 light has to be done in situ but it is the easiest of the 3 to (ok 6 in total) do.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Perfect, thanks. Just need to find decent carbon film now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thereplicant View Post
            yes just lift the door ones off.
            the chrome dosent come away from the rubber but you can bend the vinyl into the crease of the rubber and trim.
            cut 1 inch strips if vinyl and it is pretty easy, just did mine.
            the 1/4 light has to be done in situ but it is the easiest of the 3 to (ok 6 in total) do.
            Did you spray the trim down with water or something like clay lube to let the film be slid into correct position?

            Comment


            • #7
              no just a clean, it went on fairly easy!

              you can lift it if you get it wrong to reposition.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Darren, do you have a link to the Carbon fibre that you used ???

                Comment


                • #9
                  ummm hang on i will get it.....
                  only cheap off ebay bit it is designed for wrapping cars.
                  give me 5.....
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CARBON-FIBER-B...item4aac1285a3

                    hope that works?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by thereplicant View Post
                      Thanks Darren, just purchased.

                      Regards

                      Mark

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Gonna plan a run round Lochness in possibly September/October, Ishall give you a shout nearer the time, Depending on your Rota ofcourse.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by markos37 View Post
                          Thanks Darren, just purchased.

                          Regards

                          Mark
                          your welcome mate
                          if you need any help then drop me a pm.
                          you will have enough with that to do your window strips and boot strip if you are thinking of doing that as well.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by markos37 View Post
                            Gonna plan a run round Lochness in possibly September/October, Ishall give you a shout nearer the time, Depending on your Rota ofcourse.
                            Can recomend the Dore sInn on Loch Ness for lunch. I used to work in Inverness years ago and still have friends / relatives up there. Great place for a weekend away.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by markos37 View Post
                              Gonna plan a run round Lochness in possibly September/October, Ishall give you a shout nearer the time, Depending on your Rota ofcourse.
                              that would be great i will give you my mobile if you pm me, cheers.

                              sorry to hijack your thread grumpy bob
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X